uni and note taking (1 Viewer)

90atarpls

HSC
do you need a laptop or is pen and paper fine? i srsly dont even know if i should take notes, apparently there are lecture notes available??

astroman

HSC
they get uploaded online but take your own notes, pen paper/laptop doesnt matter

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I find pen and paper a bit better due to the fact that it's easier to remember. As other's said lecture notes are online.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
do you need a laptop or is pen and paper fine? i srsly dont even know if i should take notes, apparently there are lecture notes available??
- Pen and paper are fine. Plus, you might only make rough notes during lectures and finalise them or fill in the blanks at home.
- I think at the bare minimum, you should print the lecture slides (yes, ''lecture notes'' are available online) and write on them (usually they don't put everything on the slides and you need to fill in the blanks when the lecturer explains important points or questions). If you want to go a step further, you would supplement these slides with your reading materials (e.g. from textbooks). In the end, it's all up to you and how you learn.

A laptop is good for viewing lecture slides (without having to print them) and suitable for doing electronic note-making during lectures. Sometimes rough notes could be hard to comprehend if there's scribbles everywhere.

It might depend on what course/degree you're doing as well.

In general, pen and paper is totally fine.

mreditor16

HSC
Also, consider that if it is mathy or real sciency subjects, diagrams and/or equations might be involved and they can be a pain to write/draw out on traditional laptops (fairly straightforward though on things such as the Surface Pro). Also, consider that at the same time as a laptop making everything be on your fingertips, procrastination can be caused as well...

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
I never once took notes during uni...dont do what I did people.
I was considering going to the library or a quiet space (if I can find one) and study, read on further information and form study notes.

I also have a lecture, followed up with a practical session, which in between, is about 3 hours. What should I do in that time?

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
People swear by this live scribe thingy... I reckon it's a load of poop, probably worth a try though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)