untouchablecuz

HSC
what happens if we dont underline them

i didnt

:S

common sense says nothing, but BoS...

rororow

HSC
It's probably a good idea to underline them next time. You'll be sure to lose marks though!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Pfft, stfu [rorororw]. It's highly unlikely you'd lose marks, it's just a convention thing.

boxhunter91

HSC
Why would it matter if you didn't underline your text..
They can read, they dont need guidance.. I hope.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
nah okay seriously my teacher always said to underline text names

banipal753

HSC
It allows the marker to differentiate between say a text entitled "Freedom" and a student who actually uses the word freedom. Doubt you will lose marks for it though

raniaaa

:)
HSC
It allows the marker to differentiate between say a text entitled "Freedom" and a student who actually uses the word freedom. Doubt you will lose marks for it though
your bani as in frans' friend? as in the guy who was at the usyd open day aye?

ashllis92

HSC
I don't think that the marker will think "aha, no underline hence poorer marks" but I think that it will generally lift the quality of your writing and will give the marker a good impression of you which would lead to a better mark. It helps to show a level of sophistication to your writing which is one of the rubric points

madsam

God among men
HSC
You need to emphasize what texts you're doing, either through underlining or writing in italics or whatever

If you dont, you wont lose marks, but the examiner will be less inclined to think "band 5/6"

HSC
It's only used for distinguishing between characters and the actual title of the text. eg. Hamlet

If your character isn't self-titled then there's nothing to worry about.

Triquetral

HSC
HSC Markers don't give 1 shit about the underlining of texts. Sure its the conventional thing to do to distinguish between characters and the texts title as 51684 said (lol weird username?) but for hsc...you guys have to be realistic when thinking about marks. As long as they can tell its the title of the text they won't care if its underlined or not. That said I do underline mine to make it easier on myself where everything is but I've spoken to quite a few HSC markers and they have all said although its technically incorrect to not underline certain books or magazines or whatever specific ones have underlines and what need " " around it, but they don't take marks away from it...

HOWEVER as you'd imagine if the markers know about it, and your just on the boarder line of a band 6 and band 5 but really unsure, something small like that can knock you down...

x_symphonic

HSC
give the markers credit for who they are. They aren't stupid lol =L

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)