UNCLE forum is boring (1 Viewer)

lozza_86

HSC
Hehe ppl from kotara high always have heaps interesting stuff to say em!
you have quality imputs, as do i :uhhuh: hehe
and we dont get mixed up in the fee-free private school debate thingy like these other ppl cause we are clearly aware that our school was infact a public school.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
winicat said:
kids are sent to these schools to mix with the right people.
The irony is that other parents treat the school like a correctional facility aswell, which results in the bad kids meeting other bad kids.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
my school was never treated that way
there was just a lot of nice people mixing with other nice people. maybe a little narrow minded, but nice.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
seriously. i went to two highschools in my time - one being considered one of the worst state schools in newcastle and the other one of the best - and i found that the school which was considered to be the worst had a much better working environment, better teaching staff and was generally a much more wholesome place to learn, if not a little rough around the edges.
and, as ive also noticed, there was so much more of a drug scene at the supposedly "better" schools such as lambton and merewether. perhaps because they could afford them?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
um.. said:
seriously. i went to two highschools in my time - one being considered one of the worst state schools in newcastle and the other one of the best - and i found that the school which was considered to be the worst had a much better working environment, better teaching staff and was generally a much more wholesome place to learn, if not a little rough around the edges.
and, as ive also noticed, there was so much more of a drug scene at the supposedly "better" schools such as lambton and merewether. perhaps because they could afford them?
what was the worst school?

winicat

HSC
hmm.. yeah, there was a pretty big drug scene at MHS lol

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
there wasnt much in the way of drugs at my school

or maybe i was just oblivious to it
thats the way to be
whereas at mt view it was impossible to be oblivious to it

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
um.. said:
one being considered one of the worst state schools in newcastle
waratah?
i use to go there, it's not as bad as what everyone thinks it is.

Kirsti

HSC
MHS was way civilized until they said the magic words... "the cleaners are on strike"
Let's all share stories about the cleaner strike day :D

Shit everywhere. Literally

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
twisted_emily said:
i specifically said that only mount view was shit. FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!!
You're saying MV sucked because you couldn't cope. This would imply that you, rather than the school, sucked.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
oh you dont know a thing about me jess
it has nothing to do with me at the school, it has to do with my views on the school. my brother still goes there, and i can compare the way i got treated in yr 10, 11 and 12 and the kind of work we got etc to his. and my opinion still stands that the school sucks. its only MY OPINION! geez jess, get over the goddamn school, its not a bloody palace....just a school. which, in MY opinion is crap. that opinion can be formed on anything i want it to and my opinion has nothing at all to do with you.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
So, what, I'm supposed to sit back and listen to someone bagging out my school purely coz they couldn't hack it?
Yeah, running to the protected and cotton-wool covered world of private schools will give you a different experience. I sure as hell know which I would prefer though.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
get this idea out of your head that i left cos i couldnt hack it. i left because i got a better offer. i wanted a better education. if i hadnt left then i wouldnt have found out about this job that im in now, which could potentially be a life changing experience.
i never said that it was any more than my opinion, geez.
you know people are allowed to have those...otherwise this would be a dictatorship and not a democracy
you cant comment on which you would prefer because you havent experienced both

im just saying whcih i prefer...end of story.

Kirsti

HSC
^ Our careers advisor didn't tell me about that job because I didn't do business studies for the HSC. Doing Accounting for the HSC wasn't enough I suppose *rolls eyes*

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Kirsti said:
MHS was way civilized until they said the magic words... "the cleaners are on strike"
Let's all share stories about the cleaner strike day :D

Shit everywhere. Literally
ahahahaha that was SO dirty..yuck :S

winicat

HSC
CURSE THOSE PUNEY RUBBISH THROWING YEAR 7 GIRLS!!!!

who, i noticed, took our table!!!! THE table!!! it's under the reign of those little PESTS!!! *cries* Where's my hitman ferret when I need him???

oh, let's send everyone but seniors home even though they did nothing. yeah, that'll learn those tosser juniors. yep, we'll make the seniors stay with every toilet blocked, rubbish everywhere and carpets trampled with cake, sandwiches and god knows what else.

yeah, thanks year 7 2004 for your wonderful rubbish tip on our school.

ironically, our school was built on a former rubbish tip, which was formerly a swamp :)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
So, what, I'm supposed to sit back and listen to someone bagging out my school purely coz they couldn't hack it?
Yeah, running to the protected and cotton-wool covered world of private schools will give you a different experience. I sure as hell know which I would prefer though.
lol, get off your high horse

you have bagged out MV to me before... don't be so jealous because someone went to a private school... on a scholarship.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)