UNCLE forum is boring (1 Viewer)

winicat

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
At the risk of beginning a schools war which I have no interest in, even if you paid me a million dollars a day, I wouldn't go to MHS.
it was a choice between there and newy high, which would you have picked???

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
winicat said:
it was a choice between there and newy high, which would you have picked???
Granted, that is a bit more of a choice. It would require serious pondering.

winicat

HSC
who said the thing about kotara having 3U gardo and 2U beach? i liked that .. i think it's totally relevant to kotara (not to generalise or anything lol)

what did we have? 3U 3 monkies, 2U desa's .. what else? i can't think of anyplace else stupid we used to go..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
MV- 4U Maccas, 3U smoking at the Old School, 3U "fight, basin, 4 o'clock", 2U cruising Vincent St in the free periods, 2U sneaking down to the caravan park without Mr Stewart knowing

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
and jess you think MVHS is better than MHS???? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA u need to be shot

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
How? Just because your experience may not have been the best doesn't mean it sucked, at the risk of sounding like the parentals, it was the best 6 years of my life.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
blegh

the teachers didnt give a shit about the welfare of the students or anything
there was nothing to challenge people who were at the top...the work was easy and i got lazy
the music department was crap, it was funny the lame excuse they called a band....there was just no opportunities given
the school had the lowest level of participation in anything that id ever heard of and the teachers werent doing anything to fix this
the bus system was atrocious, especially to places like where i lived
and there was a major lack of discipline

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
twisted_emily said:
the teachers didnt give a shit about the welfare of the students or anything
and there was a major lack of discipline
you got picked on at school didnt you.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
How can you say the teachers didn't give a crap about student welfare, in my experience it was one of their core concerns. Yeah, the work wasn't challenging (even in 'P' and 'O', or whatever the equivalents were in your year), but for a public funded state school, you can't expect too much. The music department, well, Mrs Myers was like a 2nd mother to all of my year. As for the band, I lack the musical gene, so I wouldn't know. Yes, participation could be low for some things, but really, why should the teachers try and fix it, they can't force us to participate in stuff we don't want to, the bus system was independant of MV, blame Rovers, and lack of discipline? How? Perhaps moreso in some of the earlier years, but the last couple we got a few really good disciplinarians in that are straightening it right out.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i did a bit but i didnt really care. by welfare i more meant the academic welfare of students
and the major lack of discipline i mean by people smoking on the bus, in the toilets, getting high in the toilets, only being suspended time and time again, the ridiculous yellow card system which did shit all, people skipping classes cos they felt like it
i could probably think of more but im sposed to be doing an irhr essay and my fingers keep procrastinating by clicking on bos

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
the bus system wasnt independent of the school, we were still under school care from the minute we stepped on the bus to the minute we got off

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
The issues you've mentioned would have been the same at all schools (perhaps not your snooty grammar school, but meh).
And what, do you expect them to place some sort of authority figure on the buses stopping people getting upto crap just because they were shits that had no self control?

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
lol snooty grammar school

well they must be doing something right cos althogh those problems still existed, they werent anywhere near that magnitude as they were at mount view.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Yeah, coz mummy and daddy were paying some phenomenal amount to have you there. Go to ANY state school, and it will be just as bad, if not a hell of a lot worse than MV.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
err my parents didnt pay for me to go there.....i got myself a scholarship..
that makes you sound so jealous lol
and not all public schools are like that...ive heard mhs is civilised, as is kotara....i dont know, whatever
i just hated mount view, full stop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)