UNCLE forum is boring (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Once again, just because you had personal issues with your experience there does NOT mean the school sucked.

And, as with MHS, I wouldn't go to HVGS if you paid me a million dollars a day.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
the school DID suck, in MY OPINION

and what do you have against hvgs? youve never been there....at least im making my opinion on actually going to the schools

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Because all the people I know that have been there are snooty upstarts that need a serious dose of reality (Ewan Scobie ring any bells?)

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
never heard of him

and id say their snootiness would be more as a result of his parental upbringing than the schools

most of the people at the school are very down to earth people who arent rich, their parents just value a good education and believe that if they pay for them to go somewhere like hvgs they will get one
i wouldnt pay full fees to go there thats for sure, and if id had my time over, i probably would have chosen to go to MHS instead....but whats done is done, i cant go back and rewrite history

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I'm just saying you can't blame the school because you had a bad experience.

Similarly, I shouldn't judge HVGS, but I think private schools are the biggest wank going.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
this whole argument regarding different schools outperforming each other is silly. if a kid wants to get good marks, they will get good marks regardless of whether they go to a state, selective or private school.

Last edited:

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
At the risk of beginning a schools war which I have no interest in, even if you paid me a million dollars a day, I wouldn't go to MHS.

hahaha! Liar.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
um.. said:
this whole argument regarding different schools outperforming each other is silly. if a kid wants to get good marks, they will get good marks regardless of whether they go to a state, selective or private school.
thats a fairly argued point
if a student doesnt feel comfortable inthe environment they are supposed to be learning in, i.e. there are other problems going on around them which could distract them, they arent going to have their undivided attention on the studies meaning that they will not get the marks that they could otherwise get in an environment free from these distractions

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
...or, they could develop the discipline to tune out these other perceived distractions.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
but the discipline would also be taking effort away from the studies.

well each to their own. end of argument.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
...or, they could develop the discipline to tune out these other perceived distractions.
You should start some protests to bring back the cane.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
but you dont need to go to a private school if youre having trouble at a state school. just because you have trouble at one particular school, whether it be public or private, doesnt mean all other schools like it are going to be the same. it's quite naive

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
jumb said:
You should start some protests to bring back the cane.
I meant discipline from within the students self, not discipline inflicted upon students by teachers :p

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i never said all public schools were shit. i specifically said that only mount view was shit. FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!!

the only reason i went to hvgs was because i got a scholarship, and at that point it was easier for me to travel to than MHS or any other school....

em_516

bludging..
HSC
angelduck said:
hehehe, my choice was there, or Kotara (which had my older sis, one cus and would have younger sis and another cus as none of em woulda got into MHS), and if u knew them, ud want to b as far away as possible
oooh..who went to kotara?

twisted_emily said:
and not all public schools are like that...ive heard mhs is civilised, as is kotara....
lol civilised?

winicat

HSC
i thought someone said they didn't want a "my school is better than your school" debate...

MHS is the fee-free private school :)

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
winicat said:
i thought someone said they didn't want a "my school is better than your school" debate...

MHS is the fee-free private school :)
no, it's not. private school are so called because they are essentially independent of the state - part of the private sector (not completely, but there's no need to go into that)
merewether is a selective school, yes, but it is not private.

...although sometimes you also have to wonder how selective it is

winicat

HSC
i know it's a state school, i'm not stupid. but basically it's a "fee free" private school, because everyone classes it at the same level of education (so to speak). a lot of kids who don't get in there are sent to private schools, hence the reason why they pushed the test earlier this year. kids are sent to these schools to mix with the right people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)