UMAT - Which courses needs it (1 Viewer)

Mz_Julzie

cheeky bum
HSC
I'm abit puzzled of which courses require the UMAT.

Is it Just the following universities:

* The University of Adelaide - medicine, dental surgery, oral health
* Bond University - medicine
* Griffith University - oral health in dental science, oral health in dental technology, oral health in dental and oral therapy, medical science
* The University of Melbourne - medicine (undergraduate entry), dental science, physiotherapy, oral health, optometry
* Monash University - medicine, pharmacy, pharmacy/commerce, physiotherapy
* The University of Newcastle - medicine
* The University of New South Wales - medicine
* The University of Queensland - medicine (Year 12 conditional entry), dental science
* University of Tasmania - medicine
* The University of Western Australia - medicine (undergraduate entry), dentistry
* The University of Western Sydney - medicine
* The University of Auckland (New Zealand) - medicine
* The University of Otago (New Zealand) - medicine, dental surgery, medical laborator

Or is there more?

I was wondering if Bachelor of Medical Science requires UMAT @ UNSW, USYD, OR UTS.. can someone confirm it?

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
I dont think that Medical Sciences requires UMAT. Have you got the UMAT Booklet? Perhaps if you look in there, it should explain it to you. You can find a PDF of it on the ACER Website.

That list looks about right :)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Mz_Julzie said:
I'm abit puzzled of which courses require the UMAT.

Is it Just the following universities:

* The University of Adelaide - medicine, dental surgery, oral health
* Bond University - medicine
* Griffith University - oral health in dental science, oral health in dental technology, oral health in dental and oral therapy, medical science
* The University of Melbourne - medicine (undergraduate entry), dental science, physiotherapy, oral health, optometry
* Monash University - medicine, pharmacy, pharmacy/commerce, physiotherapy
* The University of Newcastle - medicine
* The University of New South Wales - medicine
* The University of Queensland - medicine (Year 12 conditional entry), dental science
* University of Tasmania - medicine
* The University of Western Australia - medicine (undergraduate entry), dentistry
* The University of Western Sydney - medicine
* The University of Auckland (New Zealand) - medicine
* The University of Otago (New Zealand) - medicine, dental surgery, medical laborator

Or is there more?

I was wondering if Bachelor of Medical Science requires UMAT @ UNSW, USYD, OR UTS.. can someone confirm it?
Medical Science does not require UMAT for entry. Anyway its too late to apply for UMAT applications closed in april and the umat exams are in 2 days.

kpham

HSC
Wooz said:
Medical Science does not require UMAT for entry. Anyway its too late to apply for UMAT applications closed in april and the umat exams are in 2 days.
Actually, they closed in late June. And the UMAT exams are in 7 hours!!! *hyperventilates*

Is medical science the same as health science? Because UMAT is an acronym for "Undergraduate Medicine & Health Sciences Admission Test". Would this mean medicine & health sciences only, or medicine science & health science? *is confused* The only reason I'm doing UMAT is because of the health sciences part, and I will be very angry if I didn't need to miss out on a whole day of school just to go to the city and do a 3-4 hour exam.

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
kpham said:
Actually, they closed in late June. And the UMAT exams are in 7 hours!!! *hyperventilates*
I suggest you get some sleep. You'll want to have as clear a mind as possible. Good luck too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)