umat/ medicine at Newcastle (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
PrincessSJ said:
what are you transferring to jess?
Occupational Therapy.

And because the Health Faculty at our uni are quite obviously rooted up the bum, they are the only NSW uni to request interviews and questionaires of non yr 12 students.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Nah, most universities expect at least one form of supplementary material from non recent school leavers. Maybe not an interview, but certainly personal statements or questionaires etc (depending on course).

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Lexicographer said:
Nah, most universities expect at least one form of supplementary material from non recent school leavers. Maybe not an interview, but certainly personal statements or questionaires etc (depending on course).
Nope, we're the only uni in the state to want anything from non yr 12's other than a straight UAC application (for OT, at least)

PrincessSJ said:
Do you visit the Hunter side regularly? Maybe that will change your mind...
ahahahaha! arts students galore!!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
Yeah, I don't go around there very often:).
LOL, I'm with you...I mean, I'm a science student, the furthest down the hill I ever venture is the Union building :p
At least people on our side are semi-regular (well, apart from the arts students that come over doing "science for arts students" subjects [geog, psych, etc] :p)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Nope, we're the only uni in the state to want anything from non yr 12's other than a straight UAC application (for OT, at least)
And that's what you failed to clarify! :p

I thought you were talking about non-year 12s in general, not specifically OT.

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Hey Josh, I agree with you, the chem lecturer you've just finished with was evil (hehe, crashed a lec the other day...I don't go to half my own lecs, but I go to friends lecs with them...weird)

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Hey Josh, I agree with you, the chem lecturer you've just finished with was evil (hehe, crashed a lec the other day...I don't go to half my own lecs, but I go to friends lecs with them...weird)

and the hunter ppl are weird??? at least we go to our own lecturers AND THEN crash others!!

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I can't wait to do some more maths subjects next year so i can be over the good side (shortland) of the uni more often :D engineering is awfully dull.

jessum

HSC
i had my interview the other day for med at newcastle, and then about 4 days later i got sent this package with all this course information and stuff to sign if i got offered a place..
i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what this means? do they send it to everyone>? i sure hope they do, otherwise ill be thinking i did well in the interview and then ill be stressed about getting the bloody uai cutoff
arrrrrrgh why couldnt they just tell us straight off

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha! Because they don't decide until EVERYONE has been interviewed. Last year I got that before the interview, as I was sitting outside the room. Fooled me into thinking I had a chance, too. :p

Hey listen, there's nothing at ALL you can do now - you can't change your exam marks nor your interview marks - all you can do is wait. So, relax! Do other stuff!

(I on the other hand have exams until the 30th, and the interview on the 8th :()

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
jessum said:
i had my interview the other day for med at newcastle, and then about 4 days later i got sent this package with all this course information and stuff to sign if i got offered a place..
i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what this means? do they send it to everyone>? i sure hope they do, otherwise ill be thinking i did well in the interview and then ill be stressed about getting the bloody uai cutoff
arrrrrrgh why couldnt they just tell us straight off

you got a package? I thought they gave those forms to everyone on the day of their interview. The forms which you sign and return once you're in. Maybe their photocopiers/printers died on the day.
Anyway, yeah, they give everyone those forms (usually on the day they turn up to their interview, something to fiddle around with before the interview :-\)
Other unis send those forms through express mail after the person has gotten the offer (grad med)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)