UMAT Discussion (2 Viewers)

nottellingu

HSC
Re: Interviews and UMAT

narrowpin said:
i havent got my umat back yet...and obviously i would have stuffed it i'm guessing if i didnt get in. However, suppose that by some miracle it's an "alright" mark; and i know my estimate that the school gave was around 97, then would it make any major difference in getting a late round interview if i was to get 99 in the actual HSC?
In terms of medicine there is a very significant difference between a uai of 97 compared to 99. it means ur umat score can be around 20 less for u to get offered an interview.
If ur predicited uai was 97 u can predict that ur umat was less than 200 appox based on last yrs uai/inteview cut off for early round interview offers. If u ended up with a 99+ uai id probably say ud get an interview provided u didnt totally stuff up umat but its very hard to predict.

I woudnt worry too much yet most ppl at ruse get predicted uai's of 100 for their med app form (or so i am informed) which means that they can get an early round interview with umats scores around 150-160. I personally know many people that are doing med at unsw who didnt get early round interview. But i can empathise with wat ur feeling now :cool: . I was like that till yesterday night when i was lik u noe wat fuck it if i cant get into med ill do actuarial studies :p

Last edited:

tambourine

HSC

Yeah I feel depressed that I didn't get an interview. I hope I get into the next lot though. Will there be more interviews after the January ones? Coz Ive heard that people drop out/don't accept etc...so we still have a chance yeah?And do people not get an interview if their UMAT is less than 200?

narrowpin

HSC

nottellingu said:
In terms of medicine there is a very significant difference between a uai of 97 compared to 99. it means ur umat score can be around 20 less for u to get offered an interview.
If ur predicited uai was 97 u can predict that ur umat was less than 200 appox based on last yrs uai/inteview cut off for early round interview offers. If u ended up with a 99+ uai id probably say ud get an interview provieded u didnt totally stuff up umat but its very hard to predict.

I woudnt worry too much yet most ppl at ruse get predicted uai's of 100 for their med app form (or so i am informed) which means that they can get an early round interview with umats scores around 150-160. I personally know many people that are doing med at unsw who didnt get early round interview. But i can empathise with wat ur feeling now :cool: . I was like that till yesterday night when i was lik u noe wat fuck it if i cant get into med ill do actuarial studies :p
haha thanks dude, thats exactly what im thinking of doing now. well i guess i'll wait till umat scores come out, and if they are really terrible.....then yeah, i guess there goes med

4unitfreak

HSC

if you're really passionate about medicine, you'll get there
Damn straight. There are plenty of ways to get in. Don't give up :D

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

tambourine said:
Yeah I feel depressed that I didn't get an interview. I hope I get into the next lot though. Will there be more interviews after the January ones? Coz Ive heard that people drop out/don't accept etc...so we still have a chance yeah?And do people not get an interview if their UMAT is less than 200?

There is an interview round in janurary for those who make the cut-off's based on their actual uai and umat marks, you are not disadvantaged in anyway as the placements are ranked from the top candidates on both rounds. People who recieved interviews in the first round but failed to make their uai estimate/ranked below the cut-off will be disqualified.

@who

HSC

the school predicted average is crap. Most students, who study well between the time they predict and HSC, end up beating the average. I know some students last year were predicted around 60-75 uai and ended up getting 90+.

nottellingu

HSC

Wooz said:
There is an interview round in janurary for those who make the cut-off's based on their actual uai and umat marks, you are not disadvantaged in anyway as the placements are ranked from the top candidates on both rounds. People who recieved interviews in the first round but failed to make their uai estimate/ranked below the cut-off will be disqualified.
Im pretty sure that universities already have our actual umat results. Plz correct me if i am wrong.

tambourine

HSC

nottellingu said:
Im pretty sure that universities already have our actual umat results. Plz correct me if i am wrong.

Im pretty sure of that too :)
Hope I did ok....another week till we find out?

duy.le

HSC
umat results

As the UMAT results are almost here im just gonna ask whats a pass? and is it different at different uni's? and would anyone happen to one some of the requirements for optom at unsw? [ive been hearing 50/300, WTF is that] and feel free to post the requirements for med at syd or what ever for other people.

lionking1191

HSC
Re: umat results

duy.le said:
As the UMAT results are almost here im just gonna ask whats a pass? and is it different at different uni's? and would anyone happen to one some of the requirements for optom at unsw? [ive been hearing 50/300, WTF is that] and feel free to post the requirements for med at syd or what ever for other people.
not sure but it wouldn't be very high, i put that as a kind of glorified back-up course. and if the requirement is 50/300 for umat then basically anyone could get in

med at syd? well. 99.95+ plus an interview, no biggie... :mad1:

tambourine

HSC
wheeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnn

omgosh when are the UMAT results coming out?

since the 20th ive been coming online like 5 times a day to check....how will they notify us? and when are they going to tell us?

i am dyyyyyiiiiiinnnngggggg to know what i got.
its so depressing lol

is anyone else feeling this way?
haha

cheers;;

tambourine

HSC
Re: wheeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnn

omgosh thank u so much...u two are lifesavers :)
that was the most useful thread thus far lol

thankyouthankyouthankyou :):):)

HSC
Re: umat results

duy.le said:
160+

duy.le

HSC
HOLY CRAP ITS OUT

"Dear Candidate,
This is to inform you that UMAT2008 results have been released to candidates on Tuesday 23 September 2008."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)