UBS Cadetship (1 Viewer)

balla13z

HSC
I made it to 2nd round last year for GAM at UBS.
Standard interview questions pretty much. However if they ask you "are you more of a maths or english person?" be sure to say Maths.

Apart from that, they may ask about the current state of the economy and how that effects the certain division that you are applying for.

blaine

HSC
does anyone know anything about the interview for the PCA engineering cadetship...?

maks01

HSC
Hey guys, thanks for the help so far ! UBS just emailed us about the program and how cadets will work full-time ( 5 days) and study during the night part time for 2 years. Now I doubt UBS would give front office positions straight away let alone within the cadetship. And essentially you wouldn't be able to as well as you could've in uni and hence when you're competing for IB positions against other grads they might seem better off. So my question is, is the UBS cadetship worth it and saying i work hard would a distinction average be in reach?

Grublet

HSC
N/A
I have an interview with UBS tomorrow.
Does anyone know if they ask unexpected/trick questions or will it be fairly typical interview questions?

aidan059

HSC
Does anyone know how high your grades have to be to get a UBS cadetship?
I expect they don't require you to be ridiculously high like say UNSW Co-Op does, but it does play some factor. I think they're more focused on your interest in the industry to make sure you don't quit halfway through as well as extra curricular which most require anyways.

si2136

HSC
N/A
I expect they don't require you to be ridiculously high like say UNSW Co-Op does, but it does play some factor. I think they're more focused on your interest in the industry to make sure you don't quit halfway through as well as extra curricular which most require anyways.
I agree, but as seen in the cadet profiles, 2 out of 3 go to a GO8. Still, UBS is harder to get into than UNSW, considering its reputation and long-term investment.

aidan059

HSC
I agree, but as seen in the cadet profiles, 2 out of 3 go to a GO8. Still, UBS is harder to get into than UNSW, considering its reputation and long-term investment.
UNSW is pretty easy to get into nowadays. It's about an atar of 91 if you add up the bonus points. The first cadet profile I noticed however is at UTS but maybe be exception idk.

aidan059

HSC
Also are there any successful UBS cadets here or even got an offer. I'm curious as to how to went about your application, did you do research into UBS and what they do/what investment banking and asset management is or how did you think you made yourself wanted by them? Any tips for apps to get an interview, is it pretty easy?

Fwb

HSC
N/A
What qs are asked in the school assessment?

buzzyballz

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Anyone have any ideas of what they ask you during the first round interviews?

Kolmias

HSC
Hey,

I'm thinking about applying for this next year. Can anyone say anything about what the application form looks like and what they're looking for in cadets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)