UAI over 90 - how likely (1 Viewer)

rachyyyyy07

HSC
hey guys !

i know its possible to get a UAI over 90 without doing any extension subjects.

however i want to know, is it quite unlikely to get that sort of UAI, unless u get nearly all band 6's in your 2 unit subjects ?

thanks !

SarahY11

HSC
i really want to know the answer for this too

what subject do u do?
i do English ESL
Maths general
community and family studies
business studies
arabic continuers
i also do arabic extension but i might drop it

with these subject i have no hope to get in the 90s even if i get in the 90s in most of them
i have never known a person who has got in the 90 without extension or advanced

Last edited:
HSC
depending on the subjects you do, but you would have to average about 85+ in everything to get 90 uai.

ccc123

HSC
rachyyyyy07 said:
hey guys !

however i want to know, is it quite unlikely to get that sort of UAI, unless u get nearly all band 6's in your 2 unit subjects ?

thanks !
It is possible to achieve a UAI of 90+ with any combination of subjects.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
rachyyyyy07 said:
hey guys !

thanks !
All my 2unit marks were between 86-89 for each subject (exam marks usually fluctuated over 90 but my assessment mark brought those down) and one band 4 for 2unit maths and I got a UAI over 90. And 2 of the units counted were for IT which wasn't the best scaling mark to go towards my UAI so it is more than possible.

So aim for all band 6's to be safe.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Hey,

You definately dont need to absolutely flog it. I did no extension subjects, and did really well in humanities (considered to be 'low scaling').

The marks that counted for my UAI this yr were-

An. History- 97
Economics- 95
Chemistry- 89
Adv. English- 88
Mathematics- 86

As u can see i only got 2 band 6's. I was really concerned, as i usually get 95+ in maths and over 90 in chem and was hence really worried about my UAI being greater then 85!!!

2007 UAI = 97.35!!! This came as an enormous shock. Even though i did bad in maths, i guess it must be all relative to how every1 else did. Looking a my marks, it would seem one would only need over 85 in all their subjects and if u can score really high in a few subjects (dont hav to be extensions) that pushes u up above 95.

Good luck!!!

williams180

HSC
i did no extension subjects or sciences and did geography and general maths and got 3 band 6s for a 90plus

chaithu

HSC
Cookie182 said:
Hey,

You definately dont need to absolutely flog it. I did no extension subjects, and did really well in humanities (considered to be 'low scaling').

The marks that counted for my UAI this yr were-

An. History- 97
Economics- 95
Chemistry- 89
Adv. English- 88
Mathematics- 86

As u can see i only got 2 band 6's. I was really concerned, as i usually get 95+ in maths and over 90 in chem and was hence really worried about my UAI being greater then 85!!!

2007 UAI = 97.35!!! This came as an enormous shock. Even though i did bad in maths, i guess it must be all relative to how every1 else did. Looking a my marks, it would seem one would only need over 85 in all their subjects and if u can score really high in a few subjects (dont hav to be extensions) that pushes u up above 95.

Good luck!!!
hey guys..i am yr 12..right now. i do math 2 u , physics,chemistry,biology and esl english i am aiming for uai over 90 ...are exam marks are more important or asignment marks...i got bit bad in first assessment..but my rankin assesment is quite ok..in phy i wil get top 10 and in bio not sure maybe top 15 out of 90 students and in math cannot say... and i am sure i will do very well in exams..and i even dont know scaling works..can someone help me..pls..pls...me poor boy...this is really important for me....

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
chaithu said:
hey guys..i am yr 12..right now. i do math 2 u , physics,chemistry,biology and esl english i am aiming for uai over 90 ...are exam marks are more important or asignment marks...i got bit bad in first assessment..but my rankin assesment is quite ok..in phy i wil get top 10 and in bio not sure maybe top 15 out of 90 students and in math cannot say... and i am sure i will do very well in exams..and i even dont know scaling works..can someone help me..pls..pls...me poor boy...this is really important for me....
Enjoy ur break. Go 2 a party, go 2 the beach (swells bit big atm) or just chill out. If ur stressing like this now, u aint gonan last. The HSC will be very impoirtant and u need to remain consistant and focused until then. Complete all assignments to the best of your ability, summarise/study consistantly and aim for strong internal rankings- be a snake if u need 2 and try and find any advantages u can to beat ur fellow classmates (work out if the teacher gets q's from a certain book for assessments etc).

But dont stress out yet. Also, ur in yr 12 but it says HSC 2009???

spedz

HSC
I got Maths-91, Physics-01, Chem-89, Bio-85 and Eng-84 and my UAI was 94.55. So there you go, I also only had two band sixes, both much lower than those, and my UAI was still well into the nineties so it clearly can be done.

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
My brother got 2 band 6s and 3 band 5s, and he got a UAI of 94.7. It looks like u only need 2 band 6s and the rest band 5s and u've got ur goal!

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
i didnt get any band 6s and got over 90.

Kray-AyzI

HSC
just a small note, i remember asking a mate about wantin to get in the 90's this guy was going to ruse -- he said take it eazy, sleep during class and right with crayons -- thatd get u in the 90's.....

moral of story - never ask a rusian for study advice -_-

Road Runner

HSC
From the subjects I'm doing, what marks do you think I need to get in order to get exactly 90.00 uai?

thanks.

mzduxx2006

HSC
rachyyyyy07 said:
hey guys !

thanks !
2007 i got 90.25

results were as followed:

english adv: 93
modern history: 90
english ext 1: 44/50
gen maths: 84
biology: 78
chem: 73
physics: 71

so it is possible.

powerdrive

HSC
Forbidden. said:
I only received one Band 6 to get over 90.
yeh same, i got only one band 6 and i got mid 90s.

just aim to get 85 avg in all ur subjects, that should get u over 90.

Melikins

HSC
i was wondering which subjects scale well?
my subjects:

adv. english
gen.maths
modern history
ancient history
historn extension
legal studies
drama

how do you think they should go? have i made a wise choice choosing these?! haha

thanks...:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)