UAI calculator alpha2 (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iH
you have to GUESS. thus why is everyone saying it's so accurate if they're guessing?
If you can guess accurately, you'll be having an accurate UAI prediction (which may or not be exactly accurate, to the nearest 0.05).

You cannot 'guess' that your HSC Marks will be 90, 90, 90, etc - expecting a high UAI, when in actual fact, you are far from it. (I'm not talking about you specifically iH, but I'm speaking generally).

If you want to have a realistic UAI prediction, give realistic predicted HSC Marks. :)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by iH
yeah exactly. you have to GUESS. thus why is everyone saying it's so accurate if they're guessing?
you do have to guess, but to my experience most school's assessment marks are similar to the HSC mark. There will be exceptions when you go out of the top 120 and towards the top of the 120.

eg. my marks (2002)
School 4u 96, HSC 4u 96
School 3u 98, HSC 3u 97
School physics 88, HSC physics 90

Overall, to give a good prediction, you need to judge by yourself the difficulty of the in school assessments (this is what the schools can do very well). Also, judge your performance in the HSC. After factoring these variables in, the prediction should be accurate.
Also, i think the low aggregates in my calculator are put a little too low. so those marks may end up low 80's

The school UAI estimate is BS in my opinion, they usually fail to take into account that some subjects are scaled low. And tend to give a higher estimate to make their school look good. so i reckon an accurate estimate for those ppl will prolly be mid to low 80's

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
This version is for laz and them who want to test lots of different marks quickly.

Reverse still isn't implemented

the marks now highlight them selves when you click
and it is easier to tab through them

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jm1234567890
The school UAI estimate is BS in my opinion, they usually fail to take into account that some subjects are scaled low. And tend to give a higher estimate to make their school look good.
I tend to think so too, which is why I asked "does your school give everyone 90+ estimates?" - Not meaning to insult the school or the student, but to inquire as to how many students are receiving "bloated" estimates (and by that I mean, giving the students a sense of security when in actual fact, they may be disappointed with their own UAI, and wonder as to why the school may give 'off' predictions - it's about the reputation).

:)

iH

Oldie
HSC
yeah but as i said before, the estimates cover the range, not everyone is getting 90+ i can tell you that now.

also, speaking to ex-students (2002 leavers) they said they got almost exactly what the school estimated for them.

Sam

Huy

HSC
N/A
We'll know in two days time whether or not the predictions were accurate, and by whom. :)
Originally posted by iH
not everyone is getting 90+ i can tell you that now.
You don't have to tell me that, I already know (and believe) it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)