UAC Preferences and Offers (1 Viewer)

NickGero

HSC
Is this situation possible:

I preferably want to do law at Sydney, but unfortunately I only earned a 99.00. Obviously my first UAC preference is Combined Law at Syd. Now, I also have a scholarship for UNSW where I can gain guaranteed entry into any degree, so I have law at UNSW as my second preference. Ostensibly, come the main round offers I will receive an offer to study law at UNSW and not Sydney, correct? Now this is what I want to know. Can I then accept that offer, but then manipulate my preferences so Sydney will offer me a spot in International Studies in the second round offers (this is what I want to do with Law). So basically, my optimum choice is that I have a spot in UNSW Law, and I then have the liberty to choose whether I will push on with that offer or whether I will risk going to Sydney and doing the International Studies for a year and then attempt to transfer into law.

Will it be possible to have this choice? And secondly, what is the possibility of internal transfer into USYD Law? Thirdly, and just as a hypothetical, do USYD always fill all their spots in the main round offer with people 99.65+? [I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this :(]

Thanks a lot,
Nick

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Can I then accept that offer, but then manipulate my preferences so Sydney will offer me a spot in International Studies in the second round offers (this is what I want to do with Law). So basically, my optimum choice is that I have a spot in UNSW Law, and I then have the liberty to choose whether I will push on with that offer or whether I will risk going to Sydney and doing the International Studies for a year and then attempt to transfer into law.
By doing this you are buying more time to make a final decision - do you need this or have you already made up your mind (to go with USyd Liberal study or UNSW Law)? If you have already made up your mind, change the preference now and get on with it. :)

and just as a hypothetical, do USYD always fill all their spots in the main round offer with people 99.65+? [I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this :(]
For law yep. Make sure you check how competitive USyd Liberal study is, in case the spots are filled so might not get a spot after the main round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)