UAC Offers in Newspaper (1 Viewer)

Rush152

so tomoro in the Sydney Morning Herald they will print out our names and the highest courses that we were offered?

are they going to print the cut offs aswell?

and the daily telegraph (? this one??) will do the same thing??

i'm so lost T_T

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Rush152 said:
so tomoro in the Sydney Morning Herald they will print out our names and the highest courses that we were offered?

are they going to print the cut offs aswell?

and the daily telegraph (? this one??) will do the same thing??

i'm so lost T_T
yep............

LazyBoy

HSC
as much as i hate the wait. (this is gonna be a long long hour). You gotta love em for it, its maniacally cruel. Something that just earns my respect. (i hope they are laughing)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Bastards. How the fuck am I supposed to find out if I can get into my stream or not?:mad:

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
there will be cutoffs in the paper........i was told by a reliable source..........just cant remember who that source was.........

specialjenny

HSC
I am sooooooo going off the net now and watch Aussie Open for an hr then come back on...I can't bear this pressure anymore! :S

Rush152

lol this is confusing
i'll just wait for tomoro to see the newspaper

anywho, in 45 mins we can log into UAC and see our offers? or is it just one offer? it's one right? right? o_O

giggsy013

HSC
Wait almost over for university hopefuls

The nail-biting wait is almost over for about 85,000 university hopefuls who will learn on Wednesday night if they have secured a place at a NSW institution.

The Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) will make 56,154 main round offers from 9pm (AEDT), an increase of almost 1,000 on last year.

Offers will be released on the internet through UAC, and students will need to enter their application number and PIN.

UAC will also send out letters from Thursday, when the names of the successful applicants will be published in metropolitan newspapers.

UAC director of information services Kim Paino says about 65 per cent will receive an offer on Wednesday, but those who miss out shouldn't be disheartened.

"There are two more offer rounds, the next one is the early February round and applicants have from nine o'clock tonight until midnight on January 26 to change preferences to be included in that offer round," she said in a statement.

"And of course there are alternatives to direct entry to uni for those who don't get an offer this year but still want to pursue their goal of a university degree."

Ms Paino said most institutions have pathway programs that lead into the bachelor degree for high achievers, but also suggested starting with a TAFE qualification or a course at a private college.

Link: Wait almost over for university hopefuls

rx34

HSC
Do they post the name of EVERY student? I don't remember UAC asking me for publication permission

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, they post initial of first name(s) and surname, if I remember correctly.

Just wondering, is it published in both the Telegraph and the Herald? I know it's in the Telegraph, but not sure about the Herald.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The offer list will also be on the SMH website.

The wait will soon be over for about 85,000 hopefuls seeking a place at university, with course offers to be released on the Herald's website at 9pm today.

Be the first to find out your tertiary placement results by conducting a search on the Herald's website. Check if your name is on the list for undergraduate study this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)