UAC guide 09 (1 Viewer)

runnable

HSC
cardinalsfan70 said:
a big thanks to the forum community here... everybody is so friendly and happy =D

You do get that occasional douchebag... :burn:

HSC
sweet as. that was all i was wondering.

so im right in saying:
- *all* courses now have fee assistance
- if you want to pay up front you still can and still for a discount
- competition for spots is tighter with the elimination of priority for fee payers
??

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
midifile said:
Actually there is not going to be any more DFEE places for students starting in 2009.

The only people who can have a DFEE place from 2009 on are people who are already enrolled in a DFEE place or people who were offered a DFEE place prior to 2009 and deferred.
Yeah I had a good squiz over the uac guide a couple of weeks ago, no DFEE places!!!

Rudd government delivers in the pants!!! :) Bye bye Rich Boys Club(Stereotype). But yeah the problem now universities maybe able to overcompensate by asking for or increaseing international Full fee places.

cardinalsfan70 said:
sweet as. that was all i was wondering.

so im right in saying:
- *all* courses now have fee assistance
- if you want to pay up front you still can and still for a discount
- competition for spots is tighter with the elimination of priority for fee payers
??
All paces for domestic students for 09 courses are HECS places at public universities, except for medicine, dentistry, etc.

Atleast competition is equal now for domestic students and not based on ones ability to pay DFEE.

Money magazine HECS advice: http://www.money.9msn.com/article.aspx?id=100209

Last edited:

lordesf

HSC
hmm would u said uai's could end up being lower for 2009 courses, becuase thre is more places avliable? rather than those whos paing to get it etC?

Also can anyone explain the late round offers,... how ocme the uai's r much higher... than the mian round offers, i throught it wasd the opposite were they lower uai so give ppls "2nd chance" :(

HSC
lordesf said:
hmm would u said uai's could end up being lower for 2009 courses, becuase thre is more places avliable? rather than those whos paing to get it etC?

Also can anyone explain the late round offers,... how ocme the uai's r much higher... than the mian round offers, i throught it wasd the opposite were they lower uai so give ppls "2nd chance" :(

there arent more positions available... each course has a maximum amount of enrolments. they first gave preference to people with spots from years before and then fee paying high school graduates. then the remaining spots (if any) get given to the best candidates.

late round offer uais are higher for late applicants. this is because they didnt get their preferences in on time and they are sort of being penalised for it.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
midifile said:
Bob gets offered a place in a Bcommerce at UNSW. He deciedes he doesnt want to take it, so John, who had missed out is offered a place
Yeah that's pretty much how it happened.

Wouldn't be where i am today :D

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
If for example, you received a UAI of like 99.45 and you needed a a UAI of 99.5. Would you definately not get into the course? Or could you still be accepted?

xsjado

HSC
Midifile.
Could you please check B economics at ANU, USYD, UNSW and MQ for me??
It would help me (and a few others) out a great deal. =]

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
carrots please! said:
schools are meant to get them before they go on sale!
Yeah, so do other institutions such as uni's, uni careers advisors, get early drafts and copies aswell, etc.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
xsjado said:
Midifile.
Could you please check B economics at ANU, USYD, UNSW and MQ for me??
It would help me (and a few others) out a great deal. =]
ANU - 75.00

USYD - 91.10

UNSW - 91.00

MQ - 82.50

xsjado

HSC
midifile said:
ANU - 75.00

USYD - 91.10

UNSW - 91.00

MQ - 82.50
oh wow. That's pretty much the same as last year's.
I think UNSW might have moved up a bit but that's all.

HSC
Wooz said:
Yeah I had a good squiz over the uac guide a couple of weeks ago, no DFEE places!!!

Rudd government delivers in the pants!!! :) Bye bye Rich Boys Club(Stereotype). But yeah the problem now universities maybe able to overcompensate by asking for or increaseing international Full fee places.

All paces for domestic students for 09 courses are HECS places at public universities, except for medicine, dentistry, etc.
Does that include law?

Just curious, with no DFEE places offered and therefore all the 'bums on seats' at uni are going to be HECS payers does that mean UAIs for courses will drop?

One day we might see Comm/Law @ USyd at attainable levels of 97+ :O

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
cannibal.horse said:
Does that include law?

Just curious, with no DFEE places offered and therefore all the 'bums on seats' at uni are going to be HECS payers does that mean UAIs for courses will drop?

One day we might see Comm/Law @ USyd at attainable levels of 97+ :O
Impossible, they have artificially kept their uai cut-off constant at 99.6/99.55 for the past half decade.

And this will stay the same, even if it means taking in more international students :D Someone else in this thread already explained why removal of DFEE places does not mean CSP cutoff will drop.

Try your luck at 'Newcastle'. Or UTS (looking at your marks).

(Did you make cannibal.horse edit out 'J...castle' as well? Ok fair enough, but i thought it was an endearing term karen...)

Last edited:

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
melonkitten said:
Hi Midifile.

Could you please find for me the uai cutoffs for commerce / business degrees majoring in accounting?

at UTS, UNSW, Macquarie uni

thankyou
Melonkitten
UTS: Bbusiness - 91.00 at city campus (full time), 91.20 is city campus (part time), 86.30 at kuringgai campus (you choose your major after)

UNSW: Bcommere - 95.20 (you choose your major after)

MQ: Bcommerce (accounting) - 83.10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)