Typed or Handwritten? (1 Viewer)

taleih

HSC
Which do you think os more effective? I personally type faster than hand-writing but I feel as though more knowledge sinks in when written by hand. Also, typed is a lot easier to organise in my opinion. Ergh which is better?!

xJennax

HSC
I never type my notes...come to think of it, it would be better coz it would be neat lol.
I'd get too distracted on the computer whilst trying to read and study so I'd have to print them out.

Muz4PM

HSC
I type my notes. I find them to be neater and easier to read. Also an advantage I find is if I have made a mistake or need to add something all I have to do is type in the correct note and press print.

HSC
Definitely type up my summaries.

Which is more time effective? Easily handwritten. Even if I don't use the internet, I am marvellous at finding ways to procrastinate by adjusting margins, spacing etc in my documents under the pretext of perfectionism.

Perhaps I should handwrite them up and then type them straight from the paper so there's no reason to waste time. Twice the effort but I'd probably get it done faster.

I think I'll stop typing before I convince myself to do that.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
From what i have heard you actually learn more when you write something up rather then typing as you are forced to read it and when you are typing all you are doing sub-consiously is focusing on what key to press.

Shoubadoo

HSC
Typing.
Whatever notes I write in class, I type into my trusty computer- I find it easier to read, and as said before, I can always add notes.
For studying I will often write by hand and maybe later type it onto the computer.
It all helps me in memorising. :)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Hand written because in the exam situation you can relate back to that situation.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
I always try to handwrite everything but typing is so much easier, especially when you're playing around with syntax and such

karnage

HSC
I type my summaries.

Handwrite formulas and stuff for maths because it would be too much of a pain to do on the computer.

And i handwrite all my practice questions, essays etc.

michael1990

HSC
Writing your notes out.
Type them up. (nice clear font)
And study from the typed.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I just write mine neatly so i can use them for later reference

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Hand written because in the exam situation you can relate back to that situation.
Wow, I have never thought of that!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
In the exam room you're going to write. So if you write out your notes your brain might sense and be familiar to the hand movements and material as you write them out in the exam, because it has gotten to used to seeing you write it out.

nrs1990

HSC
Typed, because they're neater and easier to read. (Except maths, since typing formulas is a pain.)

I tend to use my notes as a reference, rather than for memorising, so it helps to be able to read them quickly. I actually learn the stuff when writing practice essays or doing practice questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)