• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

tv tuner cards (1 Viewer)

still waiting

HSC
can anyone help me out , whats the deal with these, ive been looking at buying one but im not sure whether i should or if i should just go out and buy a regular tv, does anyone have one and could tell me what theyre like? id be using it in a regional area so would i get all channels?
anyways if anyone could help it would be much appreciated
thanks

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm also unsure whether to buy... i want an external one but I worry that it won't live up to the hype of crystal clear digital TV reception on my lcd with surround sound and whatnot.. let alone the ability to record to hard drive.

Numero Uno

HSC
Yeh i have a digital tv tuner, they're alright as u can pick up digital channels and able to watch programs in wide screen , also ur able to record random stuff on to ur hard drive.

although i would recommending buying a tv as i doubt u'd enjoy watching tv on ur computer all the time , personally i cbf.

still waiting

HSC
thast what i was thinking, i was looking at this website and it said that for the main areas that i would be using it that the two best channels that they get reception for are abc and sbs so i think if i was still in sydney i probably would but i think in my case a normal tv would be better,
thanks for all your help,

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I live in the suburbs (Hills distrct) and i was hoping that digital tv + lcd on PC would make a kickass tv... hmm... only $130 to buy the ext tv tuner... to buy or not to buy.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
I'm gonna get one - a TV is to huge to lug around and have sitting in my room.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I was thinking about getting one of those Dvico FusionHDTV USB tuners. Anyone have any experiences with them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)