TUTORING? SAY NO MORE. (1 Viewer)

JayCakie

HSC
OKIES.

I am offering to help out with future HSC and preliminary students with Legal Studies.

I can offer help with structuring essays as well as providing revision techniques. [I got 90/100 in my HSC for legals.]

If interested please reply to this post or message me or something.

JayCakie

HSC
Hmm..... depends on what you mean as a "free" trial lesson. If you just want some advice, I will be glad to email it to you. This is rather effective, as of less than 12 months ago I was exactly in the same boat as you.

You can send me a message and I will get back to you via email. Are you doing Preliminary or HSC?

I don't really do free trial lessons, because hey, that's not really fair now is? :) But for some back up tips of course, I'd be glad to help.

michaeljennings

HSC
But what if youre a completely terrible tutor. A free trial lesson gives the customer an insight into how you do things. If youre good then theyll obviously pay for more lessons so youll gain money but if youre completely terrible then the customer has lost money.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
JayCakie, there are State Rankers out here who still offer Trial lessons, and believe me you are far from being a State Ranker. 90/100 for Legal Studies isn't exactly the best mark that there is out here.

To not offer a Trial lesson when you JUST scraped a Band 6 is not something very wise to do.

Perhaps you should reconsider what you said about it being 'not fair'.

asdfqwerty

HSC
But what if youre a completely terrible tutor. A free trial lesson gives the customer an insight into how you do things. If youre good then theyll obviously pay for more lessons so youll gain money but if youre completely terrible then the customer has lost money.
This.

michaeljennings

HSC
JayCakie, there are State Rankers out here who still offer Trial lessons, and believe me you are far from being a State Ranker. 90/100 for Legal Studies isn't exactly the best mark that there is out here.

To not offer a Trial lesson when you JUST scraped a Band 6 is not something very wise to do.

Perhaps you should reconsider what you said about it being 'not fair'.
+1, 90/100 isnt a great mark so youre gonna have to prove to the student that you are a capable tutor and the best way to do that is through a free trial lesson.

JayCakie

HSC
+1, 90/100 isnt a great mark so youre gonna have to prove to the student that you are a capable tutor and the best way to do that is through a free trial lesson.
Hm, this is very true, and I do appreciate your input. As well the other ones. To be honest, this is the first time I have considered tutoring in legal studies but I have tutored friends from other schools which has helped them in some ways. I'm sad to say and agree that 90/100 isn't a great mark, yet as someone who wants to tutor another I would be okay with this free "trial" lesson. I have nothing against it.

If there is a general inquiry future students who want to be tutored by me - don't hesitate to email me on bored of studies and we can arrange a time or a session or something.

Also I want to thank everyone who has added to this post, I'm very new to this and I'm glad everyone is here to advise me - in whatever way they can. Thanks :)

JayCakie

HSC
Also I apologise for posting that twice. Something dodgy is happening with my Internet.

zhiying

HSC
Wouldn't this also be in the wrong section O.O

Also yeah to not offer free trial with 90 isn't wise...maybe if you came first in state

JayCakie

HSC
Yeah, I agreed to a free trial - I never said I wouldn't I merely forgot to say it. It was an honest mistake.

But thank you everyone for reminding me! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)