Tutoring available for Maths, Chem, Bio, Accounting (1 Viewer)

studytutor

I am a current first year med student at UNSW, available for tutoring at locations near unsw.

I can tutor Maths (2u, 3u and 4u), Chemistry, Biology and Accounting up to HSC level.

High-achieving NZ student with equivalent entrance rank of 99.95.

Top of year at the top public secondary school in NZ
I have also came top in NZ in various subjects, including Chemistry, Physics and Accounting. Very reasonable rate.

Can also answer some (not all) questions on medicine admission process, UMAT and interview for a small fee.

If interested - please PM me or send me an email at studytutor@gmail.com

Last edited:

studytutor

I did Cambridge. Surprised me that you would be familiar with this. So are you in NZ or Australia?

studytutor

I must say you are wrong. It actually depends on the level. For Cambridge, there are 2 levels: AS level and full A level. For AS level, it will generally be easier than HSC for some subjects, for others it will be similar. A level will be quite demanding. Say for A level mathematics, it will be at a level similar to HSC 4unit mathematics, the only major difference is that we can choose to do mechanics or statistics. (I did statistics). As i've heard, HSC doesn't include much statistics, so you would probably find the calculus or mechanics that we cover comparatively easier.

One thing you should keep in mind is that different countries have different syllabi and so you may find parts of Cambridge easy, and other parts difficult because different content is covered. Just a note: although A levels are more difficult that 2 unit HSC subjects, Cambridge students usually only take 3 or 4 A level subjects in their last year compared to 5 or 6 subjects for NCEA/Bursary and 10/11/12 + units for HSC.

hope this answers your question

studytutor

velox said:
Ok cos a friend told me that NCEA > Cambridge, and HSC > NCEA. In terms of difficulty....
oh HSC> NCEA - that's for sure. i don't think many people will debate that.
but NCEA> Cambridge. If you are comparing individual subjects A level> NCEA > or = AS level. And the same thing goes with HSC. It is just that some students only do up to AS level.

But it depends on how you compare it. If you use Cambridge for getting into uni in NZ, it might be easier than using NCEA, because the unis still haven't sorted out the correct procedure yet. But for getting into unis in NSW, the easiest qualification to use will be NCEA.

leetahl

HSC
hey, i was wondering. i live in the inner city and i go to school there too. i need maths tutoring. what are you travels etc? and when are you available?

studytutor

I'm available on both weekdays and weekends. can start next week if you want. Send me an email and we can discuss.

shafqat

HSC
N/A
Gryphondarks said:
It's Peter isn't it?
lol :)
peter's not the tutoring type
and studytutor, accounting isnt an hsc subject
and btw, wats ur name so i can look u up in face to face?

studytutor

Thanks for telling me Accounting isn't an HSC subject. Seems unusual that it isn't tho.

Hm... My name... i won't tell you yet, but if you look through the first 3 pages, you'd find me in there somewhere. So what's your name? shafqat?

studytutor

Nithin.... did u know we were waiting for you at the first clinical group..... lol
We all found out you left for usyd after that of course.

And i think u've got my name. lol

nit

HSC
Haha, yeh, I made the decision to go back on the Thursday of the first week. So how have the clinical sessions been?

Gryphondarks

Sith Lord
HSC
shafqat said:
lol :)
peter's not the tutoring type
and studytutor, accounting isnt an hsc subject
and btw, wats ur name so i can look u up in face to face?
no i didnt peter would tutor, but then he could have been out to make a fast buck. lol... plus he's the only kiwi i know so far. what college r u eric?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)