• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tutes and Lectures (1 Viewer)

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
Ok so how many tutes and lectures can we skip before we risk failing the unit?

I heard something about attending a minimum percentage and anything beyond that will earn you a fail mark.

Please enlighten me :wave:

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
we have 14 lectures/tutes

so 80% = 3 lessons we can miss
90% = 1 lesson we can miss

damn that sucks :D

j_davo24

HSC
Usually 80% you can miss, and we only have 13 maybe 12 because of mid semester break and some units don't have tutes in the first week.

So you can really only miss two at the most.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
usually u can only miss 2 tutes during the entire semester..if your lucky and can make up a good excuse, ie have documentation etc..u can get away with 3..but most subjects you can miss lectures..last semester i did not go to a single Marketing principles lecture, and got a credit for the subject..go figure

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
Led-Zep said:
usually u can only miss 2 tutes during the entire semester..if your lucky and can make up a good excuse, ie have documentation etc..u can get away with 3..but most subjects you can miss lectures..last semester i did not go to a single Marketing principles lecture, and got a credit for the subject..go figure
:O not even 1!!! wow congrats :D

klh

HSC
keeping in mind that the marketing principles unit was a first year, out of textbook excercise type unit, and if you go onto level 2/3 it requires a bit more work. Btu yes, if they dont mark the rolls in lectures, youll see the lectures have very few poeple during the semester, while its tutes that are very very compulsory.

Anyway, have you noticed that they are making us go to tutes in the first week? I was looking forward to missing the initial tutes...maybe UWS has got osme more money or there have been complaints.

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
and what about arriving late/leaving early for tutes or lectures

Do they care?

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
same here, but i heard that lectures end early and tutorials start late...so i guess were fine

but im talking about when ur sitting in a lecture/tute and you feel bored and just want to leave the damn place. can we just get up and go

klh

HSC
usually it will depend on the person, most lectures start late, like they start at about 10 min into the hour, well in my experience, and similar for tutes. Most tutors dont really give a rats, unless you have a snotty lecturer/tutor...but im just used to turing up on the dot so its like a few moments of idle pen twirling, lecture slide readjusting and bag searching...the final word, it depends [and if your in the management schools units, you'll often hear this lol] so if you get a lenient or one who doesnt care than you can turn up late...

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
melsc said:
I just realised I have a back to back classes from EGD74 -> LU I think I am screwed...
hehe i think ur gunna have to sprint between classes :D, cant you change to a different one?

L

LaraB

melsc said:
I just realised I have a back to back classes from EGD74 -> LU I think I am screwed...
don't worry....

the lecturers understand that it's a bithc to get from one campus to the other...

if it's relaly a problem - just mention it to your teacher in the class in EDG74 that you have to go to LU and they don't mind if they're nice:p if you leave 5 or 10 minutes early

but - hint - don't go by the bridge or it'll take 5 minutes longer.. just cut across the road - you just go out the gate bit near the oval and across the road - you can ssee the campus directly accross so you just keep walking straight:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)