turn-based strategy (1 Viewer)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
just a few questions 'cause i'm curious - i was bored the other day so i downloaded two demos (couldn't be bothered finding the full versions; the 'download free demo now' ads worked, haha) of disciples 2 and they were fun, for about half an hour each.

any of you play TBS? do you play online? favourite games?

i have a craving for HoMaM again - i think they're up to 4 - but i might borrow it. i've never played online, sounds like too much waiting.

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
the best would have to be the HoMM series... its up to 4 now yes... wif 1 or 2 expansions out atm

HoMM4 is nice in that ur hero can actually take part in the battle... u can even have a full hero army

age of wonders is also a good TBS... theres AoW1 and now 2 wif a few expansions... quite similar to HoMM...

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
I remember having/playing Warlords I and II ages ago! (On Mac too probably.)
That was a cool tbs game!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Oh yeah, Warlords II got me into the whole TBS thing :D I used to play ALL the different ... races? things.. man that game owned.

When I was bored I'd make them all crazy elite computer-only players and sit back and watch them divide and conquer.

And yes, I was a very sad child. :p

Wohzazz

HSC
HoMM series are my favourite. i think it's basically because you are in control all the time since it is turn based? Love the ideas of heroes battling. i pumped mine to be a super strong machine that can take down 20 black dragons, sweer heh?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
The Total War series is pretty good as is Civilisation.

^___^
HSC
i play warcraft 3

and i always get hammered by the comp..they are crazy..ran over my base with like all these monster while i'm struggling with 5workers..

*sigh*
back to starcraft :p

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by ...
i play warcraft 3

and i always get hammered by the comp..they are crazy..ran over my base with like all these monster while i'm struggling with 5workers..

*sigh*
back to starcraft :p
LOL. but thats not turn base though. i hate warcraft and starcraft... normal strategy games are lame... but diablo 2 on the other hand is different story. best game ever... although my best char died on Bnet... sometime ago. :(

abdooooo!!!

Banned
i think they're really cheap now... i got my from the net and cdkey off internet cafe... LOL three of them... HAHAHAHA. im evil. only playing on the net is fun... especially if you got friends, you scam others for items LOL.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by hurrotisrobbo
/me looks at topic.

Warcraft? Starcraft? DIABLO!?

Turn-based strategy? What are you smoking? I want some, damnit.
yeah, they're real time... i like games which let me do other things or scroll around or pause.. hehe

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
yep. total war is cool. whats the other one called? the new one to total war it looks great.
Lets see you have Shogun:Total War, Medieval:Total War and Rome:Total War is being made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)