Trumpeters Unite!! (1 Viewer)

skankit

i dunno i really wanna go to the con except i know im not gonna get in this year

im also a bit scared about just doing music coz thats what my sister did and then she lost her passion and dropped out and now shes screwed

i think im gonna go do an arts degree first coz its only 3 yrs and that gives me time to really get up to standard before i try out
and i didnt hand in my audition form anyway.. i wish i had tho :(

i still havent touched my trumpet since the hsc!! i feel so horrible, all i wanna do is play, but i just dont have time. im studying like 6hrs a day and all other time is taken up with sleeping or eating!

my parents keep yelling at me to study 8hrs but i just cant study that much!!! :(

how are you guys going?

skankit

timyates_87 said:
YAY, i just got Vizzuti 1 & 3...who has book 2 from the con library :angry:
dont worry book 1 and 3 are the good ones, theyve got everything you need to be a good trumpet player :) i swear by my vizutti!!!

trumpet geek said:
argh your such a kopy kat tim!!! you always get everything that i get! hehe! oh by the way i didnt send in my form for SYO so i guess i wont be in the new trupmet section. (i wouldnt be anyway even if i did send it in) but i auditioned for schools spec stage band the other day- and they gave me like 2 days notice!!! how nice of them. But it went good so yeah.
hehe if i remember correctly i was the first one with vizzuti :p
sharing the vizzuti= sharing the love :uhhuh:

i really wish id auditioned for spec! they like rang me the day before and were like are you auditioning? and i was like nah i cant, im gonna be on schoolies like the whole week before and on the performances, and ive already paid for it and stuf... andthey were like aww... they sounded really disapointed!
my conductor was doing some of the auditions and he said they were kinda bummed about the standard this year which means i mightve gotten in! damnit

oh well thats just about enough from me for a while

ps. i hate the hsc :mad:

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
skankit said:
my conductor was doing some of the auditions and he said they were kinda bummed about the standard this year
QUOTE]

Yep, especially after they heard me play!! They cant expect us to audition properly if they only tell us the audition dates/times like 3 days before it!!! I was soooooo pissed off they sent me the info on monday and my audition was on thursday arghhhhh in the middle of yr 12 graduation, muck up day, school concerts and all the rest....ARGH!

Oh well skankit your so dedicated you shall we rewarded for your hard work... i havent been doing any studying and spent all day playing trumpet and realised that the hsc is only 2 weeks away so i thought maybe i should start studying so i did like 5 exercises of maths today yay im so proud.

Yeah im scared about not being able to get a job after i leave the con cos like my friend did Bmus performance on flute and then afterwards she couldnt do anything with her degree so she wasted her degree of 4 years at the con and then went off and started working in some film industry thingy... ahhhhh! Im gona try and get my AMus as soon as possible so i can start teaching so i can make sum money or im going to starve and die........

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
skankit said:
my conductor was doing some of the auditions and he said they were kinda bummed about the standard this year
QUOTE]

Yep, especially after they heard me play!! They cant expect us to audition properly if they only tell us the audition dates/times like 3 days before it!!! I was soooooo pissed off they sent me the info on monday and my audition was on thursday arghhhhh in the middle of yr 12 graduation, muck up day, school concerts and all the rest....ARGH!

Oh well skankit your so dedicated you shall we rewarded for your hard work... i havent been doing any studying and spent all day playing trumpet and realised that the hsc is only 2 weeks away so i thought maybe i should start studying so i did like 5 exercises of maths today yay im so proud.

Yeah im scared about not being able to get a job after i leave the con cos like my friend did Bmus performance on flute and then afterwards she couldnt do anything with her degree so she wasted her degree of 4 years at the con and then went off and started working in some film industry thingy... ahhhhh! Im gona try and get my AMus as soon as possible so i can start teaching so i can make sum money or im going to starve and die........

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
ARGH!!! everybody says that you will never get a job after uni and thats is very true if you plan to stay in sydney, but you have to concider moving interstate or overseas if you are really serious about becomming a full time musician. Me im gonna try and do Honours after BMus (Perf) and then maybe exchange overseas, but i really wanna go to England or Germany...

skankit

there is work out there if you look for it (really really hard) but im just so scared of loosing passion for it, because to really make it you need to be SO commited, and im not sure if i could do it :eek:

i dunno im just gonna play it by ear i spose, like next year im pretty sure ill do arts and ill definately keep playing, and if i decide its what i wanna do then i might drop outta arts :uhhuh:

first just gotta get through the stupid hsc :mad:

even if i dont keep playing as a profession i definately wana keep playing, me and other people from one of the bands im in are gonna try and stay together and play.. itd be good :)

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
yeh that sounds like a good idea, how cool would it be if we could form a new brass ensemble in the Sydney area, that is what sets aside dedicated musicians from con music students. if we could form something like that it would really give us more of a passion for music which at all satges we truly need...

but i don't know, just an idea..

gen4

Hmmm

Well well G'day guys i feel like a bit of a crasher but just started on this site and your thread got me in.. I'm actually a bit apposed to trumpeters coz I'm a conrnet player and brass band snob.. but u guys sounds great. i read all the thingi's and saw u were talking abotu vizutti hav eany of you heard him play?? He'as apperently awsome like no joke he triple tongues appegios so fast it forms a chord CRAZY!!! Well this is my little contribution.. have fun ;) .

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
yay we have another cool trumpet/cornet player. i used to be a bit of a brass bandie myself until i saw the light and converted to orchestra playing :D. i used to play Solo Cornet and Soprano Cornet.. am sure trumpet geek will like to talk to you, hehe. what band/s are you in?

gen4

hmm v. interesting i may know u. is turmpet geek a brass bandy??..i heard them talking bout NZ so i suppose they're with willobuy (sorry abotu spelling!!) i play with waratah. Who did u used to play with?? hehehe seeing orchestra's is seeign the light.. hehehehehehehe :p

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
holy shit, i think your to good to be in here :D, waratah are soo good. i used to play with Holroyd Brass... what part do you play etc.

gen4

holroyd hey..heaps good. I've been to ur well x-bandroom a few time with belles of brass. I play solo cornet with wartah it's stacks of fun!hehe definatly not too good to be in hear glad i foudn it though v. cool to tlak to ppl my age, that know bout brass band its alost cause(as u'v discovered ;)) these days.. unless u come from gunnadah!! haha

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
LOL, don't even start trumpet geek on gunnadah!! so whos your teacher, how long, career etc

gen4

ska fan??

is skankit a ska fan?? as in skankin' the dance form??? just wondering...

gen4

heheh sorry didn'ty see your post reply.. heheh trumpet geek not a fan of gunnadah?? hehehe hmm I've been learning since botu yr 2 i think.. conrad curry was my teacher no sure if you've heard of him??not a con man.. before that was reggi bishop. HOw bout u??You said u played solo cornet and soprano's did u ever compete?? becasue most likley i would know ur face been in the banding world TOOOOOO long!!!

gen4

wait as for carrer I'm not plannign on doing anythign with the music?? what r u going to do?

skankit

hehehe nah skankits just my nickname that my lovely friends gave me :mad:
they wanted to call me skank, except skankit flows better :uhhuh:

ive never played in a brass band! im so jealous of all of you..

am i the only one whos more into jazz?? altho i do love playing in orchestras, its mad.. but jazz is more my thing

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
yeh i competed at Newcastle 2003, NSW States 2003, Launceston 2004 and Sydney Metro 2004 all on Jnr Sop, Jnr Trumpet and Open Trumpet. i know both of those guys, played R.Bishops "Rosie" for HSC and Conrad Curry as adudicated me a few times. you wait till trumpet geek see this, lol. she will be happy i think

gen4

sorry skankit I'm not much of a jazzer.. to much of school mandatory stage band drove me away!! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)