Trumpeters Unite!! (1 Viewer)

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
geeez trumpet geek, whats with all this hostility, why don't we save it for oboe players, im sure we don't need to take cheap shots like that because its probably happened to all of us :( oh well..... ttyl

skankit

woah, i feel so outta the loop :eek:

are you guys like old friends or something?!

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
skankit said:
woah, i feel so outta the loop :eek:

are you guys like old friends or something?!
yeah ive known Tim since i was born! nah, jk! Ok um.... sooo... back to the trumpet business....!

skankit

oh my god.. i have my performance in less than a wek and i just burnt my lip... :uhoh:

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
skankit said:
oh my god.. i have my performance in less than a wek and i just burnt my lip... :uhoh:
??? you burnt it.. how did you manage that, i cut my lip a few days ago in a practise but its all good now, are you doing extension too?

skankit

i burnt it on pasta... yeah i know, im really smart...

um yeah im doing extension, but im doing composition for elective so i have 4 pieces instead of 6, thank GOD!!! i accidentaly left my mouthpiece with my teacher yesterday and coz i burnt my lip i havent been able to practice for 2 DAYS! thats fine, i wanted to fail anyway...

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
skankit said:
i burnt it on pasta... yeah i know, im really smart...

um yeah im doing extension, but im doing composition for elective so i have 4 pieces instead of 6, thank GOD!!! i accidentaly left my mouthpiece with my teacher yesterday and coz i burnt my lip i havent been able to practice for 2 DAYS! thats fine, i wanted to fail anyway...

NO your not going to fail!!! its better than trying to practice with your burnt lip and making it even worse - its better to let it heal properly so your all fresh and ready to go for your performance!!!! try not to worry about it too much!!! heheh samo, im doing comp elective so im only playing 4 pieces!! YEAH GO US!!! hehe

skankit

im so stressed about my compositions!!!

being the loser that i am, i forgot to print them out on friday, and i have a copy of one of them at home and i was all like"ill just use that" but i realised its in the wrong key, like its an old one where i was just writing with accidentals in stead of key signatures, but then i transposed the trumpet parts so theyre in D major and not A minor... oh god.. disaster...

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
YAY i got VIZZUTI yesterday!!! all the exercieses are sooooooo much fun to play im like addicted to it now!!!! Vizzuti is my hero!

skankit

which one did you get?? ive got book 3, but ive played a lot from book 1 as well.

i totally agree - id die without vizzuti, like i totally would

this is prolly a stupid question, but do you guys reckon you could play with a tongue piercing?

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
skankit said:
which one did you get?? ive got book 3, but ive played a lot from book 1 as well.

i totally agree - id die without vizzuti, like i totally would

this is prolly a stupid question, but do you guys reckon you could play with a tongue piercing?

i duno i spose you could - some one from my school had a lip piercing and he could still play trumpet. hehe . i have vizzuti 1 & 3 - they are soooooooo cool i take them to school to practice cos ARbans is way tooo heavy to take to school evevryday although i used to, and then my back started hurting heaps so i stopped and yeah thank god Vizzuti came! yay !!! ARGHHH MY HSC PERFORMANCE ITS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
YAY i borrowed Arutunian Concerto today and also this cool piece called Concerto For Trumpet By William Lovelock, it is sooo good, especially the second movement :uhhuh: these should be good for the 5 yes 5 auditions i have this year, they are SYO, SBS, School Spec, Syd Con, and Newcastle Con... my HSC was sooo good, the examiners were really nice and i didn't even get tired like in my trial :(. im sooo motivated now. :)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
trumpet geek said:
Everybody chill!! Tim, i dont agree wif you on dat one - the trumpet isnt a hard instrument to play i reckon the oboe is harder. The trumpet only has 3 valves while the oboe has a million little keys and holes. Why? because us trumpet players cant count to four! This 'trumpeters unite' thread is for us little dumb trumpet players if you wana join us then your welcome to. Although i made a thread especially for oboe players called 'oboers unite' - and ujuphleg, see you know im dumb i called you an 'oboer', not an oboist.
thank you!! the oboe is hard to play but the trumpet can be really hard too -- as with all things, it is especially hard to play anything WELL. anybody can play, but not many can play really good.

i will leave your very amusing but constructive thread now. timyates, i'm sorry you are so hostile about oboe players. its a pity really.

oh and btw, i'm a girl, not a guy.

Last edited:

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
timyates_87 said:
YAY i borrowed Arutunian Concerto today and also this cool piece called Concerto For Trumpet By William Lovelock, it is sooo good, especially the second movement :uhhuh: these should be good for the 5 yes 5 auditions i have this year, they are SYO, SBS, School Spec, Syd Con, and Newcastle Con... my HSC was sooo good, the examiners were really nice and i didn't even get tired like in my trial :(. im sooo motivated now. :)

yah arutunians cool except im getting a little sick of it cos ive been playing that since i was in year 8... oh and the lovelock is really hard!!! mind you the trumpet part is in C so your actully in D major if you play on a Bb trumpet. Which means it goes up to a high F and not an Eb! Oh gotta love the cadenza in the 3rd movement!!!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
YAY, i just got Vizzuti 1 & 3...who has book 2 from the con library :angry: . its soo good, book one at least (warm-ups and stuff)...i haven't made it to book three (technical studies) yet. I hope you all put in your SYO forms due on 22nd September. wouldn't it be good to have a complete new trumpet section in SYO :p

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
timyates_87 said:
YAY, i just got Vizzuti 1 & 3...who has book 2 from the con library :angry: . its soo good, book one at least (warm-ups and stuff)...i haven't made it to book three (technical studies) yet. I hope you all put in your SYO forms due on 22nd September. wouldn't it be good to have a complete new trumpet section in SYO :p
argh your such a kopy kat tim!!! you always get everything that i get! hehe! oh by the way i didnt send in my form for SYO so i guess i wont be in the new trupmet section. (i wouldnt be anyway even if i did send it in) but i auditioned for schools spec stage band the other day- and they gave me like 2 days notice!!! how nice of them. But it went good so yeah.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
timyates_87 said:
im sorry for kopying you :( are you auditioning for orchestra, mine is 7pm monday
yeah i am! but im not quite sure when im on.... oh well! nah dats cool ur not exactly copying me - ur just getting all the stuff that every trumpet player needs!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
YAY im going to sydney con next year if i get in, i can't wait to play in the brass ensemble there soo good, is anyone else going to the con next year apart from me or trumpet_geek ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)