True 'Romance' (1 Viewer)

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
Well yes, inspired by movies...I am wondering is romance to any degree ever likely to be more than the clichéd 'movie' style romance?

I'm not talking to the obvious extreme of movie romance where hapless guys go to any length to win over the heart of a girl...then a tragic downfall...followed by a moment of pure romance...where the speech is delivered which re-wins the heart of the aforementioned girl.

Is romance like this possible in real life? Obviously it comes from somewhere...put is all romance just inspired fiction?

Now, of course due to the mass appeal of such movies, it will make some people feel romantic and acting out of spontenaity one time they might try something of such a nature in real life...but what?

I think it'd be cool if a guy could walk up to a girl profess his love for her, or in his actions win her over slowly but surely.

So, share some of your romantic escapades...or romantic escapades that have been setup with you in mind.

Oh and answer the fundamental question of course. ^_^

monique66

I disagree, I think romance is there with the right relationships. Movies made everything a hell of a lot cheesier though...

davin

HSC
N/A
I'm not talking to the obvious extreme of movie romance where hapless guys go to any length to win over the heart of a girl...then a tragic downfall...followed by a moment of pure romance...where the speech is delivered which re-wins the heart of the aforementioned girl.
done it....hit the tragic downfall, and thats where things stay

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Smurg said:
is romance to any degree ever likely to be more than the clichéd 'movie' style romance?
movie style romance is really cliched, 'perfect' (fairytale) and completely and utterly cheesy. normal romance is generally a very subdued version of movie-styled romance, you get your ups and downs and everything but they're generally not as extreem as what's shown on screen (though you'll probably have more than what they show too).

you can get moments that might be/feel as fairytale-y as in the movies, where you feel like everything's perfect. in some relationships you have to really look for them, in others they're abundant :)

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i think romance comes with little things- like messages or phone calls, making dinner, spending time together. little things make a relationship special and make you feel happy.
even saying "i love you" :)

its true.

Skeeta

HSC
yeah i find little things like that romantic, like if my boy sends me a text, or brings me a flower for good luck in an exam. Or if hes late coming over, but brings a vid he knows i wanted to watch.. or even better.. a kebab

Jouma47

HSC
in my opinion

i think love doesnt really excist anymore,it tends to be a more reputation thing nowadays, like its hard to explain.

prolly becuase we are still aged 15-25 on this forum we dont see love the way its meant to be.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
Jouma47 said:
in my opinion

i think love doesnt really excist anymore,it tends to be a more reputation thing nowadays, like its hard to explain.

prolly becuase we are still aged 15-25 on this forum we dont see love the way its meant to be.
thats depressing. whos 15 years old around here anyway?
i think if you give it time you can find out if its real love. i guess it depends how quickly people mature.

moo_moo_molly

Yo mumma
HSC
Jouma47 said:
in my opinion

When was love never based on reputation???
Love has very rarely, if ever been based on extreme love rather than reputation... I mean, back in the day marriage/love was highly based on social standings and these days people are often rejected because of their reputation or whatever... so they're never given the chance to love the person who rejects them... (clear as mud??)

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
alby said:
movie style romance is really cliched, 'perfect' (fairytale) and completely and utterly cheesy. normal romance is generally a very subdued version of movie-styled romance, you get your ups and downs and everything but they're generally not as extreem as what's shown on screen (though you'll probably have more than what they show too).

you can get moments that might be/feel as fairytale-y as in the movies, where you feel like everything's perfect. in some relationships you have to really look for them, in others they're abundant :)
Yeah I'd have to say that's how I envision it...I can't really imagine 'perfect words' being said...leaving the girl speechless or the guy staring at a girl almost 'frozen' because of what just occured.

I s'pose romance is dead within some people or it is a seeming 'waste' of time to them...I don't know where I stand as such in this respect. I think that I wouldn't mind a little bit of 'romance' i.e. not just go out to movies, eat dinner...make sexy time at home and then just bugger off. But then again it would seem hard to escape the cliche. "Oh we're on a beach with candles and roses...holding hands and getting to know each other inside." (Not in a sexual way...haha or is it?)

But yeah...as with everything it's a bit of mix & match in relation to individual preference...so I don't believe romance is dead as long as it resides within a small % of the population. ^_^

santaslayer

HSC
My GF sent me an SMS with a whole fucking list of *mwuah*'s .

I appreciate it, but don't find it 'romantic' as such. I don't 'feel' romance that easily.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i dont think things like "muah" are counted as romantic for me :p
little things make real life romance. stuff like "hey im thinking of you. i love you." just as a simple message is enough. or a random compliment when you're not expecting it.
romance isnt meant to be planned.

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
azzie said:
i dont think things like "muah" are counted as romantic for me :p
little things make real life romance. stuff like "hey im thinking of you. i love you." just as a simple message is enough. or a random compliment when you're not expecting it.
romance isnt meant to be planned.
Hey azzie, I'm thinking of you. <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)