triple major ? (1 Viewer)

sickk

HSC
From what i understand, it seems everybody who does a business degree does a double major (accouting + finance OR HR + marketing etc)

Can you do a triple major? (HR + marketing + commercial law) for instance?
Will that require you to 'overload' i think its called?

Thanks everybody

EDIT: or can you tack on another year or something and keep going?

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
There really is not a limit, but most people are sensible. So yes, you can do 3 majors, although at some point you may be wasting your time when 2 will of secured you the same job and you could be working. Having said that, it can't hurt if you have th etime/extra money and a general interest in the 3rd major.

I'd prob consider a double degree, given the extra amount of time anyway...

Would only need overload on a per session basis (more credit points) if you wanna cram it in, but you could keep to the standard 4 subs/semester and drag degree out longer. But yes, the overall amount of credit points needed for your degree will be easily met and your doing more then you need to (hence, possibly do another degree, more recognition IMO)

sickk

HSC
ahh okay, thanks alot.. Yes i have considered the double degree, but im quite sure i wont make commerce/law, so i was thinking to do some commercial law units in a commerce degree as its my interest..

Otherwise, can you do law units in an arts degree? sorry for all the questions, its just coming to the time where i need to sort out what i want to do

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
From what i understand, it seems everybody who does a business degree does a double major (accouting + finance OR HR + marketing etc)

Thanks everybody

Depends on the university

My double degree at UWA had 7 majors, dropped to a single with 4 majors.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
ahh okay, thanks alot.. Yes i have considered the double degree, but im quite sure i wont make commerce/law, so i was thinking to do some commercial law units in a commerce degree as its my interest..

Otherwise, can you do law units in an arts degree? sorry for all the questions, its just coming to the time where i need to sort out what i want to do
To some extent, for example in Commerce UWA students can do a Business Law minor.

With my Bachelor of Computer and Mathematical Sciences all that the rules state I have to do are:

• 1 Mathematics/Computer Science Major
  • 4 Mathematics Units (2 at level 1, 2 at level 2)
  • 4 Computer Science Units (2 at level 1, 2 at level 2)
So effectively I could do a major in Mathematical Sciences (only requires 3 units) then do a major in accounting for all the uni cares.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A

Thanks everybody

if you do the B Comm/B Eco double degree at UNSW (which takes 4 years) you can take 3 majors (at least once from the commerce strain and one from the economics strain). if you only take on a single degree you could simply do one major and minor in the other two areas, but this might not be what you're looking for. but definately have a look at the UNSW commerce/eco double. i think one of the most attractive parts of it is that its only one extra year from a regular degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)