Trials (1 Viewer)

richz

who_loves_maths said:
wait, i don't get it... what do you mean "repeat"? you mean take yr12 again next year???

or is there some trick to it i don't yet know?
just doing the entire course again..

justchillin

HSC
no we did it in yr 11 and we have the option of keeping our yr 11 marks or going for it again...

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
who_loves_maths said:
wait, i don't get it... what do you mean "repeat"? you mean take yr12 again next year???

or is there some trick to it i don't yet know?
As justchillin said...only maths though. Some choose to accelerate Maths, English, Bio, SDD etc. But my school only offers accelerated 2U and MX1.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
xrtzx said:
95 and ur planning to do it again?? 95 an excellent mark, i wouldnt even think about doing it again, if i were u
Yea...I'm 95% towards not repeating, but there's always a temptation to do it again. If you think I'm crazy then consider the guy in the year above me who got 98 and was seriously considering repeating it :D (he didn't in the end though)

justchillin

HSC
now 98 i woundnt be so sure in repeating. Rench i would go for it again, if you got that last year have confidence in thinking you'll only do better. Especially with your 4unit work, that'll make 3unit a breeze...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Once you're at uni it means squat whether or not you accelerated, so don't feel disheartened, WLM. :p

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
i got 86 in ex1 last year, im redoing it to, so much easier second time round, half year ly mark was 95, and latest ass task got 100% so shud be gud i hope

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
justchillin said:
now 98 i woundnt be so sure in repeating. Rench i would go for it again, if you got that last year have confidence in thinking you'll only do better. Especially with your 4unit work, that'll make 3unit a breeze...
Yea, MX2 certianly makes MX1 feel a lot easier. However, what Slide Rule said has truth to it - it really means squat in the end and both my teacher and the maths co-ordinator at my school have advised me not to repeat. The trouble is that I don't whether I got 95, 96 or 97 and knowing would probably help me make my decision. I wouldn't repeat if I got 97 but I would consider it if I got 95 - there's a significant difference between the two and it could alter my UAI quite considerably.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
No, they already know. But he was given the mark out of 50, so rounding issues arise - but only aesthetically.

On their computers they would have the score out of 100.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
No, they already know. But he was given the mark out of 50, so rounding issues arise - but only aesthetically.

On their computers they would have the score out of 100.
It's be nice if they told us our mark /100 though, or at least gave us the opportunity to find out what it was. There's a big difference between 95 and 96.98 in the end.

Will Hunting

HSC
antwan2bu said:
So everyone looking forward to the trials?
Yeah, absolutely! I love being thrown into the spotlight after so much planning and preparation! It makes me feel free and lets me unleash everything that's been poised inanimately, waiting for the chance to be utilised to a rewarding end.

antwan2bu said:
Everyone makes out that the trial is alot harder than the hsc, what do you think?
I know that the catholic trials have earned that reputation, and duly, at that. I can't speak for other trials whose origins differ, however, but I 'd conjecture that most would be tougher than the real thing, ya.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
kadlil said:
man i wish i accelerated in maths... :(:( and did MX1 this yr.. farkk... i didnt no u could accelerate... lol... dam..:(:( :mad: :confused:
You can only do an accelerated program if your school offers it....I actually started the program in Year 9, some start in Year 10. I know that other schools offers accelerated English, SDD, IPT and Bio but mine doesn't - I just wish they offered accelerated MX2 and Business Studies coz that would really help.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Rember that - unlike the other subjects - if you do 4u maths, accelerating 3u is not a case of do and forget.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Rember that - unlike the other subjects - if you do 4u maths, accelerating 3u is not a case of do and forget.
Hmm...I've forgotten some parts of MX1, though things like Integration and Graphs have become much much easier. If I repeated, I'd probably need revision in Physical Apps (SHM and PM) and Binomial...the rest is ok.

ishq

brown?
HSC
I have forgotten how to graph.
I have nightmares about Conics.
I daydream about the Arnolds singing "you cant pass us...we will fail you"
Reading who_loves_maths' posts makes me feel like an idiot.
I wish I could integrate my way through MX2.

So is everyone looking forward to the trials?
Oh yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)