Trials (1 Viewer)

Antwan23q

God
HSC
So everyone looking forward to the trials?
Do you think that studying all the topics is enough to go well in the trials?
Ive been doing some CSSA papers, and damn, they are quite hard.
Do you think you can do one in 3 hours?
Is it possible to finish the trial hsc paper in that time?
Everyone makes out that the trial is alot harder than the hsc, what do you think?
And lastly what are your expectations?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
The trial exam isn't necessarily harder than the HSC exam, but in the case of the CSSA paper I would say it is. As shafqat said, CSSA papers require "tricks" at times in order to answer the question. I would say that HSC papers are more straight-forward. I think it's possible to finish most of the paper in 3 hours, given that the average student probably woudn't be able to respond to around 20-30 marks anyway. I'm expecting the worst :eek: :p

Kulazzi

HSC
Supra gave out some advice somewhere to start studying for your trials cos they will count, and, most likely, they are harder than the actual HSC exam. Although, I have been concentrating more on my majors these holidays so far and probably will be leading up to the end of the holidays.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
depends on ur school really...

they could be very well much harder than the hsc (like cssa paper) or ur teacher could have copied past hsc papers...

but is it imporant to study for the trial... yes ofcourse..
as important as the hsc?... no

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
haboozin said:
depends on ur school really...

they could be very well much harder than the hsc (like cssa paper) or ur teacher could have copied past hsc papers...

but is it imporant to study for the trial... yes ofcourse..
as important as the hsc?... no
Less important than the HSC, maybe....most trials are worth between 30% and 40% of internal assessment, so one exam still virtually constitutes about 15% to 20% of your final HSC mark...it may not be as great as the final exam, but it's still important.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
the CSSA is full of BS trickery lol
As shafqat said, you just have to get used to the trickery...who knows, maybe it will make Q8 of the HSC exam easier - they often require some sort of insight or trick.

justchillin

HSC
my opinion is that q8's in these hard papers usually look quite daunting with their notation and length, but if expanded out and treated normally aren't really that hard...

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
justchillin said:
my opinion is that q8's in these hard papers usually look quite daunting with their notation and length, but if expanded out and treated normally aren't really that hard...
That's true.
However the one difference I have noticed between MX1 and MX2 is that there are just so many possibilities of approaching a question in MX2, but you just don't know which path will take you to the correct answer. In contrast, MX1 is often more straight-forward: you don't really have to spend a lot of time searching for a way to do the question, whereas MX2 requires a bit more forward-thinking and experimenting...and that chews up time.

Btw. (off topic) with your 2004 mark, did you get into the top 20 for 2U?

justchillin

HSC
nup, there are some good kids out there....
Yeah I know what you're saying with the q8's, there can be a perfectly legitimate way of doing them but u won't get the right answer cauz they want it in a different form. (I find this a lot in mechanics) This being the case, however, I think if you examine the answer they're looking for and work backwards in your head it is not 2 hard to get the answer out.

justchillin

HSC
nah rench go for more, I figured a year's worth of experience can = more marks but we'll hav 2 see. Thnx anyways

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
justchillin said:
nah rench go for more, I figured a year's worth of experience can = more marks but we'll hav 2 see. Thnx anyways
Hmm...I can't decide whether or not to repeat MX1...I'm leaning towards "no", but only because I've got about 4 marks to gain and a potential 95 to lose :eek: - I'll see how I go in the trials in a few weeks time :p

Edit: especially since the 2004 exam was quite "fair"...I just have this gut feeling that the 2005 exam won't be as straight-forward.

richz

95 and ur planning to do it again?? 95 an excellent mark, i wouldnt even think about doing it again, if i were u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)