Trials (1 Viewer)

punnu

HSC
Hi people
I am a student ranked 22 in the state.
I was getting above average to mediocre results for my internal assessments but I completely failed my trials. I really need to compensate for that in the HSC. I still think I have the potential to beat a lot of candidates in the HSC. I feel I havent applied myself completely. Ive had some family issues which is why I screwed my TRIALS. My trials were worth about 40% of my school assessment so i would say they're worth 20% of my final HSC mark. Could I still pull my game up and do decent overall. My ATAR aim is 90 plus and my ATAR estimate from my careers advisor was 95 based on my half yealy marks. But my trials were so bad that my internal marks would be devastatingly bad. So lets say I get very high range marks in the HSC and uptil my half yearly i was above average marks and ranks but my trial marks were below average. How would i do overall considering my school is ranked 22 in the state

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I am a student ranked 22 in the state.
You're ranked 22nd in the state? 99.95 for you.

And yes - you can pull up your ATAR by doing well in the externals.

punnu

HSC
Re: How Trials Impact your overall HSC mark

I mean realistically my friend. The half yearly and externals constitute 75% of my assessment. If i do decent in the 75% but completely screw up the 25% which is my trials can I still do well considering the fact that I did well in the majority of the assessments.
I know my final report would not look coz of the trials but my half yearly report was perfectly fine. I'm reallyw worried coz my overal rank will be significantly affected by my trials. But Ive got a reason for my poor performance in my trials. If only i lodged an appeal before I started my trials.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: How Trials Impact your overall HSC mark

LOL, I was just pointing out the fact that you said above that you are a student ranked 22nd in the state. The Top 45 or so in the state will get 99.95 ATAR.

But on a more serious note, it is possible to do very well despite fucking up your Trials.

absorber

HSC
because your school rank is so good, there's still the possibility of getting a 90+ I reckon. Of course, we don't know your rankings or your marks for trials

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)