Trials Thoughts/Results (1 Viewer)

SiN3m

HSC
Re: Trials Thoughts xD

i own unseen texts and can give creative quite a run for it's moey but man the essays r gonna KILL me.....

danz90

HSC

We got our exam timetable today... I'm pretty happy, haven't got two exams on any one day. They just could've had English Papers 1 and 2 on consecutive days, instead of separating them with a Biology exam...

Day+Night Study frm now on until trials....wk5+6... ughhh

Nasonex

HSC
N/A

For some reason i promise to study during the holidays, but i CBF

But i can only be stuffed to study during the school days

conics2008

HSC

veloc1ty said:
Lol enjoy failing the english HSC paper.
haa haa ??

when you go to your english paper, and trying to think up of an essay..make sure you think of me ok ??

Buu-----ddddd

slinkysezzy

HSC

I am actually majorly worried about the trials, it's sorta like, well this is my last chance to improve/stuff up my rankings - either way this is it. However this has been good because it has resulted in me studying like a madwoman.

Just glad that ye olde pip is now complete and I don't need to stress about that too!!!

anyone else freaking out?

HSC

conics2008 said:
haa haa ??

when you go to your english paper, and trying to think up of an essay..make sure you think of me ok ??

Buu-----ddddd
I plan on doing practise essays but memorising them is a no-no, especially in recent years.

conics2008

HSC

Velocity im not saying memorise it from top to bottom

im saying, like memorise part of essays. becaus remember you need to suit it to the question.

This is my first time, a freind told me this approach, it sounds good. It can also work with your creative writing.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC

gahh why did i have to get a cold now!
trials start on mon...soo screwed for english advanced, need to maintain my 2nd place!!!!!

HSC

conics2008 said:
Velocity im not saying memorise it from top to bottom

im saying, like memorise part of essays. becaus remember you need to suit it to the question.

This is my first time, a freind told me this approach, it sounds good. It can also work with your creative writing.
Oh okay. Just wondering, what exactly are you doing? Writing paragraphs which each contain an idea and trying to remember them? It just seems a bit iffy to me, as in it seems easier to just know your content really well than to confuse yourself with parts of essays here and there to form into a coherent response to the question.

I have no clue how you could memorise parts of creative writing... I just take in a few random ideas and hope for the best; it's worked well so far. ;D

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC

I'm so FAILING.
The fact that I'm on boredofstudies right now is totally proving this to me

conics2008

HSC

veloc1ty said:
Oh okay. Just wondering, what exactly are you doing? Writing paragraphs which each contain an idea and trying to remember them? It just seems a bit iffy to me, as in it seems easier to just know your content really well than to confuse yourself with parts of essays here and there to form into a coherent response to the question.

I have no clue how you could memorise parts of creative writing... I just take in a few random ideas and hope for the best; it's worked well so far. ;D
hmm i dont know.. like your intro you remember it. Im pretty sure your intro wont change except when you adapt it to the argument or the question being addressed.

you " what/ how / effect in your head " basically important part of your essays are in your head and the rest is what ever you come up with in the exam.

creative writing im going to go with like this. I've 2-3 plot/story lines in my head lol xD

the wordings which is a bitch for me. If they give you the first sentence, pick one of the three and adapt it to the question.

so far I have only 1 lol.. I cant be stuffed with the other 2. xD

But i will train my self for the HSC..

I dont know how this spose to work, I hope the outcome is good.. ask your freinds and see what they think about it. xD

good luck

Nasonex

HSC
N/A

Im on the brink of fear and disaster:eek: :burn:

Have a feeling im gonna get 40% - 60%

Anyone in my position?

HSC

conics2008 said:
hmm i dont know.. like your intro you remember it. Im pretty sure your intro wont change except when you adapt it to the argument or the question being addressed.

you " what/ how / effect in your head " basically important part of your essays are in your head and the rest is what ever you come up with in the exam.
Introduction is one of the things I think should not be memorised at all, it should address the question directly and succinctly. Of course it will always include words from the rubric but memorising an intro should be done with caution...

Then you have your TEE (technique-example-explain) ideas to mould into paragraphs, with the 'explain' part addressing the question. So perhaps you could memorise the techniques and examples and various ideas on what the technique's purpose/effect is.

conics2008 said:
creative writing im going to go with like this. I've 2-3 plot/story lines in my head lol xD

the wordings which is a bitch for me. If they give you the first sentence, pick one of the three and adapt it to the question.

so far I have only 1 lol.. I cant be stuffed with the other 2. xD

But i will train my self for the HSC..
It can be a bit hit-and-miss, like sometimes you'll get a great idea straight away and other times you'll flounder. My main problem is that I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I spend quite a while thinking of the perfect idea to put down. I need to be more flexible and just think of a beginning and an end, and let the rest flow.

conics2008 said:
I dont know how this spose to work, I hope the outcome is good.. ask your freinds and see what they think about it. xD

good luck
Yeah I should. Good luck to you too.

bored of sc

HSC

Best of luck with your trial HSC exams 08ers. I sincerely hope the vissistitutes of fate align for you all and justice prevails.

CelltechFTW

HSC

ill be happy with anything over 60+ i got trials 2moro and i still havnt started studying for anything yet :(:( lol ive got the hole of today but so its alll good :p

conics2008

HSC

hey velocity, its just some methods.

The only reason im trying it out, is because in the past I was hopeless, and never really studied for english. This way atleast gets me something. ohh well only time will tell xD

conics2008

HSC

CelltechFTW said:
ill be happy with anything over 60+ i got trials 2moro and i still havnt started studying for anything yet :(:( lol ive got the hole of today but so its alll good :p
hahah ive got english paper one tomorrow xD

looking forward for business on tuesday xD

rivkamachi

HSC

ah fuck. i just realised i dont have a second related text for module c on tuesday..

bah!!!!!

im trying to figure something out right now.:bomb:

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC

I feel completely depressed. Did a fair bit of study in the holidays, but have done none since schools gone back, have been off school sick all last week and haven't actually done any practice papers.
Insanely underprepared. ARGH.
Anyone else feeling a bit panicked/depressed tonight?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)