• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trial SC help (1 Viewer)

Rodger Gu

HSC
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if what I'm requesting is against any rules, if they are please inform me and I will remove this post immediatley.

I was reading on the Trial SC official thread and found that some people had already done their Trials. If this is true, could the people who have done it share some questions? Preferably the extended response ones in History, Geography and English.

I'm in New South Wales if that makes any difference.

silence--

HSC
our questions for geo (this is off the top of my head)

i) outline the factors that influence the direction and volume of Australia's aid

ii) Describe the geographical processes of one issue you have studied (coastal management, waste management...)

iii) The purpose of one fieldwork investigation you conducted throughout the year

iv) this is 10 marks: Describe the role of the government and NGO's in one of: aid, migration, trade, defence

all schools do different trials though so...yeah...take what you will with this

Official

Bring it on
HSC
English Question:
"Write a Letter to Education Minister Verity Firth asking to fund a project in your school for environmental sustainability."

Something like that, I bet it's way off.

Rodger Gu

HSC

i) outline the factors that influence the direction and volume of Australia's aid

ii) Describe the geographical processes of one issue you have studied (coastal management, waste management...)

iii) The purpose of one fieldwork investigation you conducted throughout the year

iv) this is 10 marks: Describe the role of the government and NGO's in one of: aid, migration, trade, defence

Do all school really do different trials?

Rodger Gu

HSC
Yes, I know its a neat idea :uhhuh:

Doesn't the Board (as in board not bored) of Studies set the exams not the school? Or is that the actaul SC not trials.

firstneg

HSC
History:
1)Analyse Australia's changing migration pattern post '45
2)Either Describe
a)An Aboriginal policy and its effect on Aboriginal persons
b)The plight of the pacifist in the Vietnam War era
3)I am unaware of the wording, although it was about Australia's social and cultural history in the post-war period, which was not specifically focused on one decade,as we have no looked into one yet :rolleyes:
I wrote about transport though.

apart from question 1, my geo. questions had exactly the same premise, although four was worth 15 marks. We only did 3 questions

firstneg

HSC
Oh and in english we had to write a speech directed to the local lions club about why exchange students should come to Australia.
I think that the s.c. has two extended responses, my english faculty was pretty lax

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Yes, I know its a neat idea :uhhuh:

Doesn't the Board (as in board not bored) of Studies set the exams not the school? Or is that the actaul SC not trials.
The board only sets the actual SC, not the trials.

With that being said, my school's history SC trials for my year we almost identical to the actual SC except 2 of the questions swapped positions XD

Schoey93

HSC
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if what I'm requesting is against any rules, if they are please inform me and I will remove this post immediatley.

I was reading on the Trial SC official thread and found that some people had already done their Trials. If this is true, could the people who have done it share some questions? Preferably the extended response ones in History, Geography and English.

I'm in New South Wales if that makes any difference.
It does make a difference!! NSW + ACT are only states with um um um School Certificate. Others might have the GCVE (General Cert. of Vocational Ed.).

:D

And... ideas for study (just warning you, I haven't done my trials either; but I average 80% raw in my exams).

English:

An easy test. If you're a good WRITER, you will easily get 75% raw if not more. However, it is difficult to be a good writer without being able to read. If you do not READ NOVELS AND NON-FICTION you will probably bomb out on the test. You're bound to have a shitty vocab then.

Science:
Past papers help, but aren't really a requirement for 80%. It's a skills+knowledge test (Knowledge and Process Examination). For process, you cannot study: you either know the skills or don't (the only 'study' you can do is PRACTICE: physics calculations-calcs i.e., word equations, experimental reports.

Mathematics:

BASED on Stage 5.1 (BASIC) Mathematics course content. EASY if you do Intermediate or Advanced. Otherwise, can be quite hard, unless you were placed in the wrong maths group. Then even 5.1 kids can do quite well... I think that makes sense. Sorry. I drank coffee today and now feel weird...

AHGCC (Hist + Geo)

Just revise SKILLS for multiple choice: gradients, measuring with string and the like. Easy stuff if you know how and have been shown how to do it. Hopefully, you have a competent teacher who does these things.. :)

And for extended response, if you want 100% write a practice essay. If you want 80% just do it off the top of your head. SC is only hard if you are handicapped... and they have Life Skills to compensate for that and help disabled people to lead fulfilling lives.
:)

Amogh

HSC
N/A
The board only sets the actual SC, not the trials.

With that being said, my school's history SC trials for my year we almost identical to the actual SC except 2 of the questions swapped positions XD
LMAO how cheap is that
i bet you aced it major

Anonymous888

HSC
yoo dude,

the trial is made by the actual school. So yes it could be different, but most schools mix it up from different past sc papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)