• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trial Discussion Thread. (1 Viewer)

iBibah

HSC
just had my 3u trial. i think it is safe to say that it was without a doubt the WORST trial made in the history of my school. the head teacher makes the WORST tests! i can not even begin to understand why one would make a test easy when you could make it hard?!? even people who are ranked in the 70s/130 are expecting 100%. last years test was excellent compared to this one, i wish we could have a good separator trial :( i am expecting a grade average of 85 with around 10 people on 100%, 10 people on 99%, 10 people on 97%, etc.
Reasons why this trial was terrible:
1. there was a mistake in the multiple choice. the answer to the last question of the multiple choice was NOT one of the options!!!! After skipping it and finishing my exam, i spent 40 FUCKING MINUTES on this 1 mark question, trying to see how i had made a mistake or missed something, but i could simply not get an answer. i simply could not believe that the teacher could be that retarded that he would do this, but it happened. i lost all that time which could have been spent checking my answers. after the exam i confirmed with the other guys that there was indeed a mistake.

2. The exam was unbelievably short and simple. Every single question in the exam was an extremely basic question, maybe something you would find in Q11 of the 3U hsc. the only exception to this was a parametrics question and a projectile motion question. however, due to the fact that they tested the EXACT SAME FUCKING PARAMETRICS QUESTION in OUR first task, everyone knew how to do it, which took away the difficulty. The projectile motion question was a question that appears in pretty much every second 3u/4u paper my school makes. as a result, all the 4u students and accelerants, including myself, would have seen and attempted it before. once again it was somewhat challenging the first time i tried it but due to the fact that everyone has already done it this question will do nothing to differentiate the marks.

due to this pathetic exam, rank 1 will have 100 as his average (unless he miraculously makes a mistake), and i will be unable to match him overall because i made ONE TINY mistake in the half-yearly. i am feeling such rage right now... the only bright side of this is that the people who did 40 past papers wasted all their time for nothing hahahahah!

tl;dr - just did the shittest 3 unit trail in history
Wow man, you got it bad. Really disappointing teachers are this stupid sometimes. They don't understand how much of an impact their laziness has on students.

And mistakes in exams are the WOOORRRSSST especially when some students aren't confident/don't anticipate nor prepare for a mistake.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
explain pls

inb4 governmental exemption
We had a program on bonus points at school today, they said;
We get 5 bonus points because we're a slow school, possible 5 bonus points for working in a family business, being poor, disrupted schooling etc. and you can also get 5 bonus points for doing well in certain subjects which correspond to a certain course.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
just had my 3u trial. i think it is safe to say that it was without a doubt the WORST trial made in the history of my school. the head teacher makes the WORST tests! i can not even begin to understand why one would make a test easy when you could make it hard?!? even people who are ranked in the 70s/130 are expecting 100%. last years test was excellent compared to this one, i wish we could have a good separator trial :( i am expecting a grade average of 85 with around 10 people on 100%, 10 people on 99%, 10 people on 97%, etc.
1. there was a mistake in the multiple choice. the answer to the last question of the multiple choice was NOT one of the options!!!! After skipping it and finishing my exam, i spent 40 FUCKING MINUTES on this 1 mark question, trying to see how i had made a mistake or missed something, but i could simply not get an answer. i simply could not believe that the teacher could be that retarded that he would do this, but it happened. i lost all that time which could have been spent checking my answers. after the exam i confirmed with the other guys that there was indeed a mistake.

2. The exam was unbelievably short and simple. Every single question in the exam was an extremely basic question, maybe something you would find in Q11 of the 3U hsc. the only exception to this was a parametrics question and a projectile motion question. however, due to the fact that they tested the EXACT SAME FUCKING PARAMETRICS QUESTION in OUR first task, everyone knew how to do it, which took away the difficulty. The projectile motion question was a question that appears in pretty much every second 3u/4u paper my school makes. as a result, all the 4u students and accelerants, including myself, would have seen and attempted it before. once again it was somewhat challenging the first time i tried it but due to the fact that everyone has already done it this question will do nothing to differentiate the marks.

due to this pathetic exam, rank 1 will have 100 as his average (unless he miraculously makes a mistake), and i will be unable to match him overall because i made ONE TINY mistake in the half-yearly. i am feeling such rage right now... the only bright side of this is that the people who did 40 past papers wasted all their time for nothing hahahahah!

bad luck :/
I don't think its just your school that has the bad trials, a lot of the selective schools are very similar in how bad their trials are imo

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
We had a program on bonus points at school today, they said;
We get 5 bonus points because we're a slow school, possible 5 bonus points for working in a family business, being poor, disrupted schooling etc. and you can also get 5 bonus points for doing well in certain subjects which correspond to a certain course.
I THINK you can only get a maximum 10 bonus points from the Uni's I've heard offering this
You better make sure you know before you give up quite yet :p (still 10 bonus points is huge)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I THINK you can only get a maximum 10 bonus points from the Uni's I've heard offering this
You better make sure you know before you give up quite yet :p (still 10 bonus points is huge)
I thought 10 was max too, until I asked one of the person the was hosting the program.
She said that this year is the last year to be able to get 15 bonus points top max. Also the 10 bonus points you are talking about doesn't include the bonus points from HSC plus etc.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

Man that sucks :(

Got my 3U trial next Tuesday straight after English Paper 2.

Makematics

HSC
I thought 10 was max too, until I asked one of the person the was hosting the program.
She said that this year is the last year to be able to get 15 bonus points top max. Also the 10 bonus points you are talking about doesn't include the bonus points from HSC plus etc.
i reckon regardless of whether or not u get bonus points, still try your best for the hsc :)

Makematics

HSC
Man that sucks :(

Got my 3U trial next Tuesday straight after English Paper 2.
good luck for that! im guessing you dont really have much competition, so you must not have much stress when doing school tasks haha. how difficult are your exams.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
DON'T THINK ABOUT IT !

When i realised i could easily get 10-15 points (EAS + subjects) my motivation really divided, the only think keeping me going now is just to get a good atar (doesn't really matter, just want to get into uni)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
i reckon regardless of whether or not u get bonus points, still try your best for the hsc :)
Yeah, of course.
I was joking earlier, I'm still aiming to get 90+ ATAR without the bonus points. Like the name, they're just a bonus :D

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
DON'T THINK ABOUT IT !

When i realised i could easily get 10-15 points (EAS + subjects) my motivation really divided, the only think keeping me going now is just to get a good atar (doesn't really matter, just want to get into uni)
Haha, now I understand why you 'don't even care anymore'

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Far out just procrastinated for 3 hours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)