Travel Concession while employed? (1 Viewer)

SFinspired

HSC
True that..

However, I have been a witness to many victims trying to rip off the Ministry of Transport (screw them honestly) who get caught red handed.

I find that universities like UNSW and Macquarie which are located in the suburban regions are very much subject to random inspections of student concessions by officers.

Whereas in UTS, located in the city, are seldom inspected due to peak hours and the sheer amount of buses/people that pass by.

I love UTS

Lou283

HSC
True that..

However, I have been a witness to many victims trying to rip off the Ministry of Transport (screw them honestly) who get caught red handed.

I find that universities like UNSW and Macquarie which are located in the suburban regions are very much subject to random inspections of student concessions by officers.

Whereas in UTS, located in the city, are seldom inspected due to peak hours and the sheer amount of buses/people that pass by.

I love UTS
What do they do for 'random inspections', ask you or actually check your TFN?

SFinspired

HSC
just proof of concession.
(this is beside the point of the topic question from the OP btw)

merillem

HSC
Hmm ok. Guess I should just get myself a concession at orientation or whatever. Any way you can be busted? Friend of mine says they can ask for your tfn. Sounds a bit much though.
No way, you're safe.
They receive literally thousands of those stupid green forms, which all get packed neatly into boxes, carried down stairs into a basement somewhere, stacked, and promptly forgotten until the end of time.

I really can't see a ticket inspector saying 'Now show me your TFN' - they aren't getting paid enough for that kind of shit!

ac91

HSC
LIE IF YOU HAVE TO!

Honestly, why the hell should you have to pay more because your employed?
You're doing the right thing for the country and getting an education why should you have to pay heaps to get there when there are plenty of bludging bastards who get to travel around on heaps of busses, trains etc. for $2.50!

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
No way, you're safe.
They receive literally thousands of those stupid green forms, which all get packed neatly into boxes, carried down stairs into a basement somewhere, stacked, and promptly forgotten until the end of time.

I really can't see a ticket inspector saying 'Now show me your TFN' - they aren't getting paid enough for that kind of shit!
who carries there tfn on a piece of paper with them anyway or remembers it.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
just proof of concession.
how the fuck would that prove you're employed though

If they were bothered enough to look up your earnings and see that you were in fact employed, the most they could do, however, would be to make you pay back any concessions you obtained fraudulently - if they could prove you did get any at that.

You'll be fine.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
the most you would do is get a 200 dollar fine, and your sticker removed that is it, what you would get fined would pay for itself pretty quickly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)