Travel Concession while employed? (1 Viewer)

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
YEARGH!!!!!! (lol onomatopoeia) I have tried really hard to find a way round this, but the govt says I can't get a concession card for transport cause I'm employed. Is this REALLY true or am I reading the wrong stuff etc. Please, ANYTHING to stop me from paying full fare to uni! Preferably legal and moral btw, but seriously considering getting a concession card anyway :S As is, it'll cost $8 on student rates. Adult rates will kill! $9.20 return to redfern from sutho adult, + bus rate or something. 3-4 times a week. :chainsaw:

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
you just lie you stupid penk

everyone says they're unemployed

jeez

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
All uni students I know have one despite being employed, we all say we aren't because honestly most full time students can't work enough to be able to afford adult prices, its so stupid.

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
All uni students I know have one despite being employed, we all say we aren't because honestly most full time students can't work enough to be able to afford adult prices, its so stupid.
Hmm ok. Guess I should just get myself a concession at orientation or whatever. Any way you can be busted? Friend of mine says they can ask for your tfn. Sounds a bit much though.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Geez, I never knew you had to pay adult fare if you work part time. We still study full time assholes!

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Definitely lie. And if they hit you up about it you can just say you got the job after you got your card?

ac91

HSC
I'm not too sure about Sydney (assuming would be the same.) But I enrolled in Mq the other day and all we had to do was fill out a green form and they gave us a sticker to put on our ID card for half fare transport.

I know for a fact that as a student you do get half fare regardless of employment.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Sydney uni does specify that you can't get a concession unless you're unemployed.

But fuck it eh. Everyone lies and I don't think the uni cares.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I'm not too sure about Sydney (assuming would be the same.) But I enrolled in Mq the other day and all we had to do was fill out a green form and they gave us a sticker to put on our ID card for half fare transport.

I know for a fact that as a student you do get half fare regardless of employment.
That green form asks you to sign that the information on the form that is correct and one of the things on the form says "I am not employed" or something like that. The form is the same regardless of uni. Its small print on the form and you do not get the half fair regardless of employment.

Concessions - CityRail

We all lie

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
hah. While we're on this topic, do we get a concession card like our secondary school one that looks a little different or is it something else? What was ac91 saying about a green sticker for the ID card? :/

I also just realised my UTS ID doesn't have my DOB on it, devastated.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Yeah, I've been meaning to do that, y'know with almost 4 months of holidays..

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Lol like from House, everybody lies... eh. Gah freaking government and its inefficiencies.

pman

Banned
HSC
I'll show you the wollongong card 2night! basically, ur student card acts as ur concession card (or at least it does for us)

pman

Banned
HSC
You get a student card and they put a concession sticker on that.

Most places will not accept student ID's as proof of age, get your learners or a proof of age card
Pubs and clubs can't legally accept your student card as proof of age! it doesn't have ur birthdate on it. the only ID they can accept is an RTA issued proof of age card (not 18+ card), drivers licence or passport

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
I lied :)
I just thought that it meant working part time, but I still said I was unemployed.

I don't understand why we must pay full fare despite being students (close to fulltime) for the next (min.) 3 years. NSW Government=:apig: They wantz our moneyz -.-'

aussie-boy

HSC

Lol you're meant to read shit before u sign it

aussie-boy

HSC
I dont think the TAs have any authority to question your eligibility for a concession foil... all they can do is ask to see it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)