Transport to exam venue (1 Viewer)

madharris

HSC
N/A
its something like this but without the windows

not sure if there are gonna be any tents this sem (all my exams are in rooms at the racecourse)
whether there was aircon/heating or not.. it still looks shit... :\
thank god you guys don't have to do it anymore
How long were exams in the tents for?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Okay I don't trust the 891. The marginal benefit is too risky, and as I am a risk-neutral individual, I will therefore not catch it.

Expected value of gamble on the assumption that half of the 891s stop near the race course = (1/2)(time saved in catching a non-express) - (1/2)(time spent walking from UNSW)
=(1/2)(10) - (1/2)(20)
= -5 utility.
Risk neutral people would look at the probability that a bus, when asked will stop at the racecourse, which is 100% and catch the 891.

better brush up on economics

whether there was aircon/heating or not.. it still looks shit... :\
thank god you guys don't have to do it anymore
How long were exams in the tents for?
Uhh three semesters, I think? I liked exams in the tents, it looked like a post-apocalyptic safe area after walking for ten minutes under the tunnel. I felt like I was on the set of a movie!

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Risk neutral people would look at the probability that a bus, when asked will stop at the racecourse, which is 100% and catch the 891.

better brush up on economics
You just fell into one of the basic economic pitfalls. Failure to account opportunity costs of waiting in the 891 line.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You just fell into one of the basic economic pitfalls. Failure to account opportunity costs of waiting in the 891 line.

which is counteracted and overwhelmed by having to wait for more irregular buses of the 3xx kind, also having to deal with other stops and having to remember where exactly to get off, and also the further walking distance for most of them

lolwot

HSC
This might be stupid question but is it usually very busy at Central in exam period?

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
This might be stupid question but is it usually very busy at Central in exam period?
Yes, terribly busy. I usually get to Central an hour early for the morning exams, and I still need to wait at least a good 15 minutes before getting on a bus. It is akin to the lines you get around week 3.

D94

HSC
N/A
"Buses during UNSW exam period - changed bus stops

Due to works associated with the construction of a shared footpath bridge at Moore Park, the bus roadway will be closed between 9.30am and 3.30pm Monday to Friday until further notice.

Students attending exams at Randwick Racecourse after 9.30am can alight at the first bus stop on Anzac Parade near Abbotford Street. See map (pdf). https://student.unsw.edu.au/sites/all/files/uploads/group33/bus-route-891.pdf

Bus drivers have been instructed that this is a compulsory stop."

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
So what about exams before 9.30. Recommendations?

D94

HSC
N/A
So what about exams before 9.30. Recommendations?

It stops at the usual Racecourse stop, which is closer than the amended stop for after 9:30. Have a look at that PDF.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
It stops at the usual Racecourse stop, which is closer than the amended stop for after 9:30. Have a look at that PDF.
Carrying on from the above reference, are the drivers told to stop at every stop before 9.30?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Carrying on from the above reference, are the drivers told to stop at every stop before 9.30?

There are only 4 stops now anyways? 3 on high street and one near the racecourse

D94

HSC
N/A

Yes, unless the bus is specifically UNSW only, for which you will most likely be told by those security people at the bus bay.

This is what happens during exam time:

Scenario 1) 891 stops at the Racecourse then goes to UNSW (High Street, all 3 stops).
Scenario 2) 891 goes straight to UNSW (High Street, all 3 stops).

In both cases, for peace of mind, if you want to get off at the Racecourse, ask the bus driver. You need not worry about it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)