• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transferring from Commerce & Economics to Commerce & Law (1 Viewer)

jananee

HSC
Hello there
How difficult would it be to do an internal transfer from commerce and economics to law and commerce? Also since commerce and law is 5 years, would I end up staying for 6 years due to the transfer or would the commerce subjects I already did keep the degree at 5 years?

D94

HSC
N/A
If all your Commerce subjects are relevant to Com/Law, then you will just need to 'catch up' on the Law subjects.

Also, I am not certain if this is updated, but:
For students in non-Law programs, transfer to a Law dual degree program is only available in Semester 1.
So you may not eligible for this semester's transfer. You should contact the Law office and get their take on that.

As for difficulty,
UNSW Law will guarantee a minimum of 100 places for applicants to enrol in a Law dual degree via Internal Program Transfer (IPT).
It is WAM dependent, so if you have a WAM above 80, then you will most likely be successful, but there are no guarantees. 77-79 is cutting it fine but you may get lucky, depending on how many applicants and overall how many places are available.

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/program_trans_Law.html

jananee

HSC
Do you know if it would add any extra years? Thanks by the way :)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Generally no unless you do course that do not credit to Com/Law e.g ECON1202 if you are not doing an economics major

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)