Transfering to Law? Which way the best? (1 Viewer)

DMT

HSC
Hello everyone!

Im planning to transfer into law hopefully UNSW. Im doing engineering/arts @UNSW and im planning to take up 3 arts and 1 engineering courses in my first semester and 2 arts and 2 engo courses. I was just wondering for the engineering subjects, what will be the 'easiest' and least maths intensive course that will give me the best chances of a high WAM in the end for the transfer. Ive enrolled into ENGG1000 for this semster, just wondering which other courses would not be maths intensive and 'easy'.

Cheers!:lol:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
If that's your attitude towards engineering, don't do any. Even if you don't get into law, transfer to something else.

DMT

HSC
If that's your attitude towards engineering, don't do any. Even if you don't get into law, transfer to something else.
I dont think i am allowed to do 4 arts subjects. I rang up the arts faculty and asked them. 3 arts courses this semester and 2 the next. Any suggestions?

D94

HSC
N/A
I dont think i am allowed to do 4 arts subjects. I rang up the arts faculty and asked them. 3 arts courses this semester and 2 the next. Any suggestions?
You can do 4 if you want. Just enrol into them.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Most engineering UOC in the first year is Math intensive. This is because they are the main pre-requisites.

But from the looks of ENGG1000 it is the one requiring least Math as it is based on design which might actual do you well for "design in arts".

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Aahahaha! Why so. Tell me your story :D
I was originally enrolled into Commlaw. But this is not what I really wanna do.
I tried for 4 weeks during sem 1, but had to drop in due to the huge pressure and being unfamiliar with uni studying style.. and plus I was too shy to say anything in class . (Im an international student...)
I talked to many professors abt this. I realised that i may lose da 20% class participation mark... so.im just gonna fully focus on Commerce this yearr.

After my 1st year of uni life, i got adapted to the studying life. I am surprised to find that I am really interested in accounting xD
Well at least I will not hate my commerce degreeee :)

Now i.think.its time for me to chase for my dream.....yeah im gonna do Commercr/media xD

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I was originally enrolled into Commlaw. But this is not what I really wanna do.
I tried for 4 weeks during sem 1, but had to drop in due to the huge pressure and being unfamiliar with uni studying style.. and plus I was too shy to say anything in class . (Im an international student...)
I talked to many professors abt this. I realised that i may lose da 20% class participation mark... so.im just gonna fully focus on Commerce this yearr.

After my 1st year of uni life, i got adapted to the studying life. I am surprised to find that I am really interested in accounting xD
Well at least I will not hate my commerce degreeee :)

Now i.think.its time for me to chase for my dream.....yeah im gonna do Commercr/media xD
Did you at least want to do Law in the first place though? Or did you just try it out?

Just one thing that people should realise: Follow the dream course and don't think that by not choosing something else with a higher cut-off you have "wasted ATAR" because you should just follow what you want to do in life, not what you could do but won't enjoy.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
did you at least want to do law in the first place though? Or did you just try it out?

Just one thing that people should realise: Follow the dream course and don't think that by not choosing something else with a higher cut-off you have "wasted atar" because you should just follow what you want to do in life, not what you could do but won't enjoy.
exactly

DMT

HSC
You can do 4 if you want. Just enrol into them.
Would it still count towards my marks though at the end of the year becuase technically its illegal for my course :S

D94

HSC
N/A
Would it still count towards my marks though at the end of the year becuase technically its illegal for my course :S
It's not 'illegal' - whoever told you that mislead you. Any course you take at uni will count towards your WAM.

I know for a fact that UNSW has recommended students to do courses that may help in your transfer. My friend was enrolled in Architecture, but she soon decided she wanted to do Commerce/Science. She was advised to enrol into Commerce/Science courses, and she did - all courses counted towards her WAM.

Reactions: DMT

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
I had the choice to do law/engineering.

I chose to stick with engineering because I knew I wouldn't enjoy law.

So that is one example of how it doesn't matter as long as you are happy.
Tbh back then I chose law just didnt wanna 'waste' my ATAR...
Hmmmm but ironically I quite enjoy business law (a commerce sub), which creates some confusion.
But I.still believe i should chase for dream job or at least try it. Once i.decided to transfer from law to.media, i have felt so much relieved and energical towards my.future :D

DMT

HSC
It's not 'illegal' - whoever told you that mislead you. Any course you take at uni will count towards your WAM.

I know for a fact that UNSW has recommended students to do courses that may help in your transfer. My friend was enrolled in Architecture, but she soon decided she wanted to do Commerce/Science. She was advised to enrol into Commerce/Science courses, and she did - all courses counted towards her WAM.
Cheers bro. My background is English, i did 4 units of it and loved it. I enrolled into Philosophy, english, history and sociology this semester :) Hopeful but excited for the chance.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Tbh back then I chose law just didnt wanna 'waste' my ATAR...
Hmmmm but ironically I quite enjoy business law (a commerce sub), which creates some confusion.
But I.still believe i should chase for dream job or at least try it. Once i.decided to transfer from law to.media, i have felt so much relieved and energical towards my.future :D
At least now you have made the right decision and have not really wasted too much time/money on finishing the degree "on-time".

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
At least now you have made the right decision and have not really wasted too much time/money on finishing the degree "on-time".
Yeah . I hate people say 'OMG really you will waste your ATAR if you dont do law'... im like , 'Not Really.....if i do somethin i dont enjoy that much, i will just waste my time and energy. There is really NO such thing as "wasted ATAR".....'

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah . I hate people say 'OMG really you will waste your ATAR if you dont do law'... im like , 'Not Really.....if i do somethin i dont enjoy that much, i will just waste my time and energy. There is really NO such thing as "wasted ATAR".....'
Exactly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)