Transfer from UWS (1 Viewer)

celious

HSC
I hear that its suppose to be either impossible or really hard to transfer from UWS to unis like UNSW and USYD, or if you are able to transfer u cant go straight to second year u have to repeat the whole course. Is this a myth?

klh

HSC
shrugs. Depends on the persons marks, if you get distinction averages and a good uai, than transfer to a course that has high marks, you are competitive at least to get an offer to a course. As with starting over, you need to see if RPL/academic credit is able to be realised. Impossible? No.

Optophobia

HSC
Are you saying that University level marks are worth less than year 12 marks?

Are you saying that there has been some rule created in other universities which recognises how shit UWS is.. and that they should not accept students from UWS?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
I think that uni marks should be valued more than year 12 marks rather than equally.

That aside,

I transferred from UWS to USYD

Got me a credit average and was up out of there for good :) So it's not impossible, at all. My UAI was also really shit...60.65. If I can do it you can too. I also strongly advise it because UWS is shit.

I also recieved academic credit for the units that i applied to get credit for.

celious

HSC
hmm i dont think uws is bad, its just that its Really Really far away from where I live.

im not really sure how the whole credit points works. can nebody explain?

klh

HSC
what do you mean by credit points? they tell you hoe much time to set aside for study and the level of work that is involved.

if its about academic credit, well if you transfer to another uni, you want to apply for exemptions sos you save time and money for not repeating units that the uni's assess as equivalent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)