Train fares to rise (Sydney) (1 Viewer)

Rainie

HSC
20c price increase for my return trip to the city T__T'' luckily I have the concession card..but if I go to university...travelling on CityRail's going to be eventually an entire rip-off.

They don't deserve a rise! Since they give us rusty, sardine-packed stuffy tincans that are obsolete and should of been phased out aaages ago...

akrinis

HSC
Domitius E said:
No, you're wrong.

Off-peak returns are, and have always been cheaper than two singles (or a peak return).
Hmm.. Last time [again, when fare increase wasn't effective] when I attended my orientation for work I took a

SINGLE TICKET to Liverpool.

And then I bought another single for Fairfield (because I had a tennis lesson on that same day and had to go a few hrs after my orientation)

But here's the trick part. I took a rest at my local station for a good 3 hours before I headed for Fairfield.

And then a single back home.

In total, the tickets cost me $3.90. If I had bought a return ticket to Liverpool, then a return to Fairfield, I would have spent $5.20!

spiny norman said:
Hey, I work there, and worked yesterday. What did you see?

Oh, and I caught the train to work. I noticed the return train trip cost me $4.40, where it previously had been $4.20. That's my bit for being on-topic.
Oh, hey, I saw Yes Man, haha it was hilarious! I've never seen so many people in a cinema before.

Do you mind if I ask what's the difference between G-Max and a normal session? I think it wasn't because I was in Parramatta, but because the session we booked wasn't the typical one, that my friends and I were charged 15.00 instead of 12.00 for students.

lyounamu said:
agreed. I nearly died on my way to city.

Thank god that the guy who sat next to me was not sweating.
You were traveling alone?

Last edited:
HSC
I still often go for the Under 16 ticket, despite being 18.

akrinis

HSC
kevinx2 said:
I still often go for the Under 16 ticket, despite being 18.
HAHAHA, don't we all? That's why I always buy from the ticket machine, but then asians generally look younger than our age, so I often get away with the under 16 look. :uhhuh:

Urrgh, what am I still doing awake at this time? I have work tomorrow, and I need to ask them why I wasn't paid extra on NYD.. *sigh*

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
$6.60 from Campbelltown to Milsons Point is a reasonable price, I feel. The problem is that the fares are increasing and the service quality is decreasing with little prospect of improvement.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Train went up 20 cents for me. And as I was paying more 20 cents I got the deluxe treatment, with no air-con and a smelly Indian man sitting in the same carriage.

Thanks City Rail!

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
My weekly is still under $20 so I don't mind. Whats more annoying is bus to city is now $2.10 which is a lame price.

akrinis

HSC
These past few days I've had to catch a bus to work because the trains are undergoing maintenance. Well, I suppose the one good thing is that we don't have to pay the bus fare because no one ever asks you to!

gella

HSC
^^
haha ive saved even more cause of that :)

bigb0yjames

HSC
i just get a 3 month ticket when uni starts. saves you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ends up being $3.70 return (5 day uni)...whereas its normally $5.50

Last edited:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
bigb0yjames said:
i just get a 3 month ticket when uni starts. saves you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ends up being $3.70 return (5 day uni)...whereas its normally $5.50
You're an international? You can't get concession quarterly travel passes.

Or is this a rail pass?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Oh, yeah. I meant the bus + train + ferry pass there is not the rail only pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)