Toyota FT-HS and FT-86 Concept (1 Viewer)

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
Dont know if theres a thread on these 2 cars already but what do you guys think of these 2?

The FT-HS hybrid technology is said to go something like 400HP and its either RWD or 4WD not too sure (dont know much about them). It has the idea of the "solo space" where the driver seat is like the main attraction of the car, while the other interior is almost left out haha, i reckon the interior style is too early, as in its too early to make the interior something like a star wars fighter jet

Price apparently is set at 30k US+

The FT-HS

The FT-86

Apparently its a joint project/car with subaru, so toyota will have this version, and subaru will release their version, apparently its going to be a rear wheel drive and price to start at US 20k

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It's way too soon to say how these will turn out. I mean on one hand they want to appeal to the tuner crowd who loved the AE86 and so on, but then on the other they are trying to produce a mainstream sports car which the market segment expects or requires a certain level of sophistication and equipment level (which the tuner crowd wouldn't want). And there's bound to be a lot of people who complain that the new model is not true to the original for XYZ reason.

IMO it was foolish to try and trade off the 86 name because all it does is open the doorway for criticism and disappointment from fans whether it be over price, performance, ability to modify, etc... but it is good that Toyota and Subaru finally realise there's a gap in their portfolios for the sub-$40k sportscar market which has been tapped quite well by both Japanese and European car makers.

... although if we're lucky Subaru might follow their US approach of releasing a TR (tuner-ready) model. I remember they had a WRX TR a few years ago which was sold considerably cheaper than the normal model and was designed to be modified/tuned as it had basic interior, primitive stereo, steelies, no bodykit, etc...

ps. Forgot to add that I think the FT86 is a beautiful looking car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)