Top 'speed' done and where? (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
Yeah, that's why there's a "15 and under penalty".. but for radars and crap I dont think they really give a damn if you're say.. 2km/hr over..

So theory is.. if you got the money.. and you want to speed.. speed 30 over (but not more) since you lose the same number of points as an under 15 heheh

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
Stop trying to be a good samaritan. Your a kill joy.
The creator of this thread quite clearly said not to go out speeding, he is not encouraging just requesting information.

By the way, your avatar is gay.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Define dangerous speeding and quantify your statement.

Also I think you'll find that a hell of alot of deaths are due to alcohol, inexperience, low skill levels, prevailing conditions, failure to pay attention, drowsiness and road engineering.

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
Mike Ockisard said:
ill say whatever i want
And thats why:
a) Your mother wishes you were never born.
b) You have never been laid, nor will you ever be.
c) You have no friends.

Wise words on loquasagacious' part.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
IronMaiden said:
Stop trying to be a good samaritan. Your a kill joy.
The creator of this thread quite clearly said not to go out speeding, he is not encouraging just requesting information.

By the way, your avatar is gay.
I'm inclined to agree that this thread may provoke some idiotic kid to go all out when he's inexperienced. Hopefully noone is stupid enough to do that :)

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
loquasagacious said:
Also I think you'll find that a hell of alot of deaths are due to alcohol, inexperience, low skill levels, prevailing conditions, failure to pay attention, drowsiness and road engineering.
It's all a matter of defining words.

Alcohol and inexperience can lead to drivers going too fast for the conditions. Unless of course you are going to tell me there is no such thing as going too fast for the conditions.

Certainly inexperience, low skill levels (and or training), and alcohol consumption can all driving too fast for the conditions.

Last edited:

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
probly 120 overtaking on the highway

hopefully get the chance to go 200 with the SAE team at uni

CieL

HSC
loquasagacious said:
How about ego?

Jiga

I dunno, personally I woudlnt say ego is a big factor. With a packed car of mates, I usually dont speed because for starters I dont want to have the deaths of 4 lives on my conscious, and because its not as fun with a loaded car with the added weight slowing the car down and all. I usually do stupid stuff alone and when there are no cars about, that way the car is performing at its best and if i crash, I only take myself!

CieL

HSC
^
As in.. Because I'm such a pro, I can speed safely =]

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
CieL said:
^
As in.. Because I'm such a pro, I can speed safely =]
lol.

i get that feeling too schoolies. i would not do many stuff with my friends in the car, even if it was one guy who has already clocked his speedo a few times. that's not to say i wont try and get a race against some sick civic, or a monaro-for the fun of getting thrashed of course- but i wont do stuff like take corners at speeds which force understeer like you werent even turning.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
My family has pushed BMWs to their limits before and the e46 328i for example, before and after modification, could only 'touch' the 230 mark despite having a "claimed" top speed of 164mph/263kmh. This is coming from riding shotgun and no matter how hard we pushed on the highways it just wouldn't go faster. NB. That top speed may not be for the automatic model which we were in.

Back to the 1.8L, any figure above 200km/h is quite remarkable. The 1999 318Ti had a top speed of 116mph/186kmh. Although there could've been other factors to one's advantage which allowed it to reach that speed (maybe downhill, wind, etc..?).

EDIT: The 2005 318Ti had a 133mph top speed (214kmh) so I guess it is quite possible for a 318Ti car to reach that speed :)

Last edited:

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
The speeds car manufacturers supply are GPS verified. When you see people saying I broke 210, they'd be lucky to be doing 195 or so (both are monumental speeds, though).

j_davo24

HSC
431km/h

Maglev train in Shanghai.....Lol.

Nah in all seriousness, crap all, don't know an exact value. Car doesnt go fast enuf and the only places i drive are filled with bloody cops. Lol. (red p's)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
^ Let's include airplanes too?

petar13 said:
The speeds car manufacturers supply are GPS verified. When you see people saying I broke 210, they'd be lucky to be doing 195 or so (both are monumental speeds, though).
I don't understand... can you please elaborate?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Ahh i get ya.

My Dad reckons my Civic has an optimistic speedo 'coz he said it speeds too easily... and I'm inclined to think- no, I dont' think it's the car which speeds easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)