Top Gear, Primetime Sbs! (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh the Stig is like some pro guy... but does anyone understand what happened to the original Stig? I remember in one episode they talked about him dying... and I couldn't tell if they were serious, or just trying to subtly say he resigned... or what.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
haha, a porcshe for under 1500 quid, jeremy really got the bargain! lol :D

i think the stig is just a race car driver, possibly ex BTCC or a rally driver, i really doubt it would be colin mcrae. but there is some evidence that it could be a rally driver, sometimes the wheels turn away form the corner before turnig in, like rally style.

damon hill i very much doubt, when he was the star in a reasonably priced car, he took the first corner diffrently form the way the stig usually does, but it may be just a deliberate trick to fool people into thinking its not him...

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Dad and I have become addicted, and the best segment so far has been the people mover racing, with the 1500 pound ferarri coming in second

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
excellent show, and finally, some people who know what they are on about hallelujah !!
great show, great segments, great cars, together with mythbusters (hopefully soon), its by far the best way to spend monday nights

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I found the Porsche thing bloody funny but as aforementioned in the thread, the blind guy rocked. That was damn impressive!

Wiki said:
In the first episode of the third series, the original Stig (McCarthy) was "killed off", with some spoof footage of the Stig supposedly driving off the end of the British aircraft carrier HMS Invincible after failing to brake in time. This prompted a change of dress and music, and the "White Stig" was introduced in the second episode of series 3, on November 2, 2003.
Did you guys know about this?

Wiki said:
It appears that some rarer, privately owned cars may be driven by their owner, masquerading as the Stig. This was the case for the Maserati MC12, privately owned by Frank Mountain, a successful property developer; the car was at the time the only one in the country. Heikki Kovalainen (the Renault F1 test driver) admitted to driving the Renault R24 F1 car around the track in the 2004 series, clothed as the Stig.
Anyway, read on guys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stig

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
DaddyK said:
I'm so disapointed its not a new series. I've seen em all on the net.
SlipStream said:
So it's a past season but who the hell cares? You don't watch a good movie once, do you?
Slip says it best *nods*

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Nashie said:
Dad and I have become addicted, and the best segment so far has been the people mover racing, with the 1500 pound ferarri coming in second
haha...the van racing

that was a fuckin classic

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
My favourite part of the shows are usually the longest segments or the crazy segments.
I loved the Historic People Mover race, Playing Darts with Cars, Racing Remote Control Cars, racing a Bugatti Veyron against a plane and the 'challenge' ones (buying a Porsche/Supercar for cheap and racing it somewhere).

transcendent

HSC
N/A
yeah i really loved the Historic People Movers Race. they should do another one. the Tarago came third :D lol at the other Toyota, Space something, they called it unstable and it was all over the race track. it was hilarious.

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
this guy is prolly the best out of the three
Hammond? I don't think so... He doesn't have the presence of Clarkson, and is far more difficult to take seriously - in any of his reviews (unlike May).

Although the article is vague, it's sad news.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
petar13 said:
Although the article is vague, it's sad news.
More details here

petar13 said:
Hammond? I don't think so... He doesn't have the presence of Clarkson, and is far more difficult to take seriously - in any of his reviews (unlike May).
I just like hime because of the fact that he is the only one who is willing to dish it out to May, makes for great viewing. Plus he's a pretty funny bloke, all of them are i guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)