Top 200 ranked Universities in the world (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
It actually isn't, you are just too much of a spastic to realise (because they haven't taught you to read yet)

natstar said:
Go West Life is Peaceful there, Go West, lots of open air, Go West
miss comedian natstar

santaslayer, ffs get your dick out of the good uni's guide. you'll get paper cuts

santaslayer said:
oh yeah, and i refuse to read the article...
santaslayer: -18

santaslayer

HSC
It's the only offical guide out there. Do you have a better source?

I'm getting confused..am I the spastic or is melbournian the spastic?

Oh yeah, as I said before, I haven't read the article yet.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Wow your ignorance ceases to amaze me. You haven’t been to either UOW or UWS; you are in no position to judge the uni’s or the students that attend them.
I suggest you move on from this childish vendetta that you have.

santaslayer

HSC
melbournian said:
santaslayer, I had a tutor last year who got fired from been a tutor at Usyd because she was so crap and she lectures at UOW. HAHAHAHA
So I really think you should stop pretending UOW is that good (that said its still a hell of a lot better than UWS)

ahahaha...all signals still indicate that UoW is one of the best universities for an undergraduate degree. I'm not complaining. :p

EDIT: wow, uni bashing frenzy...how many threads did you create about UWS?...phwwaaarr...!

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
It's the only offical guide out there. Do you have a better source?

I'm getting confused..am I the spastic or is melbournian the spastic?

Oh yeah, as I said before, I haven't read the article yet.
you're the spastic

this article is the better source

it's made by the fucking times higher education people, if you know what that is

I go to macq but I don't walk around with all that bullshit in my sig pretending like my degree and my uni is really prestigious. with regard to uni bashing, you yourself pay out UWS in your sig and asqy's comment is only relative to other UOW courses which doesn't really mean a lot when you look at what there is to compare to at UOW....

Last edited:

theone123

blue essence
HSC
natstar said:
God for fucks sake. Why dont the lot of u's just go to ur uni, do ur degree, and stop being fucken retards and caring about what uni's others go too and how good or bad they are. Why are u's so insecure??????????? Your not better just becuase u go to a certain uni for fucks sake ge over yourselves. Its not funny anymore..its getting quite childish.
enuf said.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
Why are u's so insecure???????????
just take a look at the people who go on about their uni's in their signatures

think about it

Labelling people who pay you out as insecure is such an easy, bullshit excuse

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
golfstick said:
just take a look at the people who go on about their uni's in their signatures

think about it

Labelling people who pay you out as insecure is such an easy, bullshit excuse
lol i have macquarie in my signiture

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
It is childish golfstick and you really aren't doing yourself any favours by deciding to rubbish other uni's. What is there to gain from it? NOTHING. It's pointless and immature, you're just playing dirty on a low level and it reflects badly on you. So much for your "superiority".

santaslayer

HSC
golfstick said:
I go to macq but I don't walk around with all that bullshit in my sig pretending like my degree and my uni is really prestigious.

with regard to uni bashing, you yourself pay out UWS in your sig

and asqy's comment is only relative to other UOW courses which doesn't really mean a lot when you look at what there is to compare to at UOW....
1) Well maybe Macquarie isn't in your eyes. That's why you don't 'pretend' it to be very good at all. I can't help that.

2) That was with regards to the Med (and somewhat science) faculty soon to be opening @ UoW. It wasn't bagging any uni at all, it was merely a comparison on Science faculties, and in all honesty, something Macquarie has no idea about, so I don't appreciate any misguided opinions.

3) You were'nt even present. You have no seen the thread. This quote was in fact a comparison of other law schools. Whether it is correct or not is another issue. The main motivation behind the comment was due to it's employment rate which Asqy pointed out to me.

EDIT: If my intention was to bag another university out, I would of placed this quote under my siggy instead. (BTW, I can't argue with it as well, I might have some difficulty:

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?p=1037447#post1037447

Asquithian said:
Maqu has a bad name. Mainly because its out in the sticks. Also do to the exclusivity. In that anyone can do it with a credit average. Ie too easy to get into to. Does shits for reputation.

Last edited:

Timmay

HSC
my brother went to uws on a scholarship and now hes doing a phd and tute's there, anyways, he says the admin there has been a nightmare, both as an undergrad and a postgrad... (it stands to reason, being so spread out and having massive campus's)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
You guys should act your age

melbournian - no one cares if you think UWS is shit, I still don't see why you would blatantly attack a university and its people because of what you percieve is the truth. Just can it, if you don't like UWS, don't insult people that go there saying their uni is rubbish because you don't like it.

others - in the end, who really cares? you'll all be out there with sound careers, and you'll forget about uni. The insecurity of some people here is amazing, if you'd only concentrate on getting good marks, attaining relevant internship experience and society involvement, these issues about "oh at my uni, we our starting salary is $1,000" greater than your's, we rule" will be irrelevant

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Melbournian has made his point. He doesn't have to reiterate it again and again. That, and attending USYD doesn't make up for being a melbournian.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
melbournian said:
So its ok to make personel attacks, but somehow wrong to express my personel opinion on a specific university. I've respected you a lot, but really you are sounding very much like Lexi on a power trip.
mabbe but u seem to defend ure 'personal opinion' lik its the only thing that keeps u at the uni..
it makes u sound like an ass when u r prolly not?

and stats only go so far.. if u end up being the outlier in the wrong direction then having a Usyd after your name is not going to be anymore beneficial than a good UWS student... when u just resided on ure achievements in yr 12 to get u in to a "good" uni..
most unis courses are aligned to allow cross credits so content is similar..

and shit lecturers are at every uni.. no one is immune.. and they dun just come from UoW..
a realli good one of mine comes from flinders uni is SA which is lik wollongong.. and a crappy one is from a prestigious NSW uni.. not mentioning any names.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
melbournian said:
So its ok to make personel attacks, but somehow wrong to express my personel opinion on a specific university. I've respected you a lot, but really you are sounding very much like Lexi on a power trip.
You don't understand, the way you post about how "bad" universities are implies that students that attend those uni's are "shit" themselves. And don't say that I'm wrong, because that's what I'm getting out of your posts.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
You know, people from melbourne are a whole lot shittier than people from Sydney. And the only thing worse than a melbournian, is a melbournian who comes to Sydney to study.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
What do you define as a Melbournian :p One who is born in Melbourne, if so I fit your later category.

And you wouldnt want to stereotype people now would you. Particularly for one so concerned with mens rights :rolleyes:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
dumbarses doing shit course is rubbish, imo.

i think of how well someone is to do with respect to how much they are capable of.

if say for instance, you have bob who is capable of performing at 150 (just any number representing the maximum level of performance) and just performs at 100. and you have jane who has a max of 100 and performs at 90.

i see it as jane in the example is doing much better. i would think to see a man with one leg run a 100m race is much more impressive than someone with TWO breaking the world record in the same race.

again, this is just my opinion. everything is subjective. in the big picture who really cares if your earning 100K or are in a better university? if you are performing close to your peak, then you are doing better in LIFE than most.

i dont think this post was preachy(sp?) or airy-fairy. but thats how is see it.

where is the love?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
melbournian said:
Flinders is a hell of a lot better than UoW
I've been to Flinders quite a few times, as my brother goes there (in fact I stayed overnight there 5 weekends ago). Look at the number of journals that Flinders publishes.
well my brother friend went to UWS undergrad.. i think its a competent uni..
because he got a job at the end ahead of a Usyd candidate.. i kno this because the other candidate was my brother.. turns out..the equivalent UWS course was more practical..

truth is UWS is low on the journal citations and publishing.. but most of us are undergrads we should be worried bout our course structure.. when we are in post-grad then proceed with the flaming :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)