too many international students (1 Viewer)

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
What is it about this site that attracks so many bigots and racists? This isn't BoredofSwazticas. It's BoredofStudies and everyone is welcome to study at an Australian University regardless of their skin colour. So, please, to the racists and anti semites: crawl back in your swamp sir, where your vile thoughts and opinions can become the bubbles of the backwaters once more.

William kamel

HSC
lol this whole notion of 'oh the internationals don't integrate with Aussies and they congregate among themselves' is so hypocritical.

Aussies almost shun or stay away from international students. They are almost viewed contemptuously and this thread and countless others are a testament to this. All the white students make friends with other white students, the local asians congregate with other local asians, the internationals with the internationals etc. Occasionally you have many local asians with white groups, but hardly ever an international, and you can't blame them, your all hardly accepting of them.
LOL this sounds true

azsakura

HSC
Soz once i get into UNSW there'll be 1 additional International student you're annoyed about.

=)

HSC
N/A
this.

Its already happened in the US where Indians are the wealthiest racial group other than the white population and they are not the wealthiest due to a substantially higher population of Anglos there. Here the populations of the Asians and Indians are growing and growing and there will be disproportions of the socioeconomic hierarchy. Costello's 'populate or perish' should resonate more clearly now.
clearly you're unfamiliar with the concept of income per capita. Total income is divided by the number of individuals within the population, thus any skewing effects of a large (or small) population on 'wealthyness' is removed.

On a diferent note, the alterior motives of international students seem to have eluded you clammy bigots.
Australia is so attractive to international students because of our immigration laws, i.e. if you study for a certain amount of time, at a certain institution, you can acquire permanent residencey.
Permanent residencey in a first world country is, most of the time, the goal. Yet by what right do you to deny them this, by what right do you condem a certain ethnicity of human beings to poverty?

disgusting 'one nation' nostalgics.

Simo91

HSC
OP needs to seriously grow up. I'm caucasian and I couldn't care less how many international students are there. I'm there to learn, not to have a whinge when i'm racially dominated so to speak. Who cares what race people are, if you are bothered by something this insignificant you shouldn't even be going to uni tbh..

philphie

Banned
HSC
clearly you're unfamiliar with the concept of income per capita. Total income is divided by the number of individuals within the population, thus any skewing effects of a large (or small) population on 'wealthyness' is removed.

On a diferent note, the alterior motives of international students seem to have eluded you clammy bigots.
Australia is so attractive to international students because of our immigration laws, i.e. if you study for a certain amount of time, at a certain institution, you can acquire permanent residencey.
Permanent residencey in a first world country is, most of the time, the goal. Yet by what right do you to deny Palestinians this, by what right do you condem Palestinians to poverty?

disgusting 'one nation' nostalgics.
lol wtf you changed your mind?

philphie

Banned
HSC
OP needs to seriously grow up. I'm caucasian and I couldn't care less how many international students are there. I'm there to learn, not to have a whinge when i'm racially dominated so to speak. Who cares what race people are, if you are bothered by something this insignificant you shouldn't even be going to uni tbh..
ahuh ahuh, the gunners suck.

Tim035

HSC
The only downside is none of them are big drinkers or party animals. Kind of makes the whole uni atmosphere a bit dull and mellow; I can't blame them though, if I was a full paying student I'd be studying dam hard to make sure I didn't have to pay more due to repeating courses.

Monsterman

HSC
serious wtf is wit the amount of international students @ UNSW, i was ther today at the commerce lectures n realised that more than half of the students didnt speak english, this is such a massive turnoff to a great uni
how do you know that half didnt speak english? just because they may look asian doesnt mean they cant speak english.....

Bendent

HSC
lol this whole notion of 'oh the internationals don't integrate with Aussies and they congregate among themselves' is so hypocritical.

Aussies almost shun or stay away from international students. They are almost viewed contemptuously and this thread and countless others are a testament to this. All the white students make friends with other white students, the local asians congregate with other local asians, the internationals with the internationals etc. Occasionally you have many local asians with white groups, but hardly ever an international, and you can't blame them, your all hardly accepting of them.
commerce doesn't have many non asians, let alone unsw, so most stick together.

only accounting has lots of chinese international students, others mostly southeast asians.

bio_nut

HSC
I love when the Asians and Indians are all like "blah blah we're gonna be your bosses."

Not in Australia you're not, we have a very different employment hierarchy and style of work here. Unless you adapt your methods of with dealing people, your career will most likely stagnant.

I'm not saying your way is wrong or anything, just that while things in Australia are changing, it's going to hinder you right now.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
I love when the Asians and Indians are all like "blah blah we're gonna be your bosses."

Not in Australia you're not, we have a very different employment hierarchy and style of work here. Unless you adapt your methods of with dealing people, your career will most likely stagnant.

I'm not saying your way is wrong or anything, just that while things in Australia are changing, it's going to hinder you right now.
yeah sure

that's what they all said about the "wogs", and look how many businesses they run/proprerties they own now :cool:

anglos are just fat n lazy

bio_nut

HSC
If they stop acting like meek little pussies in the workplace, maybe.

Until then, no.

I go to uni with these people, and they don't have vision, imagination to get things done. They just memorise shit.

Change that, and maybe one day.

EdmondDW

HSC

Do you dare to repeat it to ur demonstor?:music:

GINN

Banned
HSC
N/A
do you know what the real problem is here?

people who dont go to UNSW are posting in a UNSW thread.

HSC
do you know what the real problem is here?

People who dont go to unsw are posting in a unsw thread.
+1

Edit: international kids are cool; their nice enough when you ask them about stuff. Obv its hard to mingle; but if anything --> their sort of like guys/gals that live on campus. They kind of hang around with other college people, and the odd local visiting them at their college. But it is annoying how loud the chinese style is (but then again; I'm probably close to the worst dressed asian on campus fwiw)

and i sort of agree wth bionut in a way that in australia; it really is more 'how much they trust/like you' >>>>>>> marks. Not sureabout different hierachy and crap other structural crap; But for an international student to get ahead (I guess) they'd have to outperform a local in both marks & with soft skills. But meh; I guess I'm just going to repeat whats been said already... 'get over it/don't worry about it/don't hang around them if you don't want to/ wtf was with the indian kid being stabbed in melbourne/gtfo' - holla

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)