Tommykins please read this, i need help (1 Viewer)

arjun9194

HSC
N/A
I heard you did standard english and got a band 4 in it but still got an atar of 95+
is this really true?
does that mean i can do standard english for yr11 and 12 but still get a high atar if i ace all the other subjects?

or wait was it band 4 in advanced english?
if yes is advanced english really hard? and would it be alright and bot stressful if i do it?

i really need an answer ASAP

thanks in advance

bouncing

HSC
I heard you did standard english and got a band 4 in it but still got an atar of 95+
is this really true?
does that mean i can do standard english for yr11 and 12 but still get a high atar if i ace all the other subjects?

if yes is advanced english really hard? and would it be alright and bot stressful if i do it?

thanks in advance
arjun, take a shot at advanced and if you're not liking it/struggling you can always drop down to standard

the only problem with standard is that you need to perform very highly VERYVERYVERY to score a band 6. i'm not too sure about the statistics its like top some very small number of the state get band 6's only, whereas for adv eng it increases and ext 1 as well

also because english is the only subject that has 2 units which are compulsory you shouldn't really base your ATAR on the idea that you will ace all your other subjects incase ...

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
If you have the chance to go to Advanced, then do it. If not, then it's going to be harder for you. But yeah, even if you get a band 4 you can still get a high ATAR, as long as you do well in other subjects. Play around with this. Here is a little comparison if you get in the top 10% of the state for both subjects:

English Advanced:
Top 10% of the State = ~2700 people
HSC Mark: 90-91
Scaled Mark: 85

English Standard:
Top 10% of the state = ~3200 people
HSC Mark: 79
Scaled Mark: 62

nikkifc

HSC
Instead of finding ways of possibly dodging the system, why wouldn't you just work hard and try and get Band 5+ ?

is this really true?

thanks in advance

BeeemER

HSC
I'll bet you anything he did MX2, MX1 and physics or chem and english.

I got 95.7 and did standard but I did MX2, MX1, chem and physics.

Long story short do "Advanced" heaps better on your scaling, unless you can smash your other subjects.

arjun9194

HSC
N/A
I'll bet you anything he did MX2, MX1 and physics or chem and english.

I got 95.7 and did standard but I did MX2, MX1, chem and physics.

Long story short do "Advanced" heaps better on your scaling, unless you can smash your other subjects.
oh ok. thanks a lot but umm lets say i did the following subjects and smash it can i get an high ATAR BeeemER?:

Standard English
Maths Extension 1
IT
Business Studies
Physics

random-1005

Banned
HSC
oh ok. thanks a lot but umm lets say i did the following subjects and smash it can i get an high ATAR BeeemER?:

Standard English
Maths Extension 1
IT
Business Studies
Physics
prob 90 ATAR, if you work very, i mean VERY hard

IT- didnt even think its category A
Business Studies - scales pretty low

you will have to do 4 unit i think, but you should forced yourself into 4 unit lol

Last edited:

beardedwoman

HSC
standard and advance english scales rougly the same, so a 90 in standard is like a 90 in adv. Except the aligning for adv. is a lot better than standard (for example, only the top 50 in NSW will get band 6 in std, while the top 1200 will get band 6 in adv). so it's harder to get band 6 in std than adv.

arjun9194

HSC
N/A
he did adv english got 78, but done MX1, MX2, phyiscs, chem
oh ok thanks. If i do the following can i get 94+?:

Standard English
Mathematics
Mathematics Extension 1
Physics
IT
Chemistry
Graphics Technology/Business Studies

Kralex

HSC
oh ok thanks. If i do the following can i get 94+?:

Standard English
Mathematics
Mathematics Extension 1
Physics
IT
Chemistry
Graphics Technology/Business Studies
Drop IT and Graphics Tech/Business. Heck don't even choose IT.

:haha:
im sorry but right now ur the only one sounding like a faggot

i only asked him to read it MAINLY because some other guy on the forum told me to

so umm yeah FU

:haha: lol wart an idiot
That was just about faggiest reply ever :|

But yeah, don't do IT. Avoid subject involving computers. The devil made sure they do not scale well.

xMaNx

HSC
do 4unit, also he got 79 for english, pretty sure.

MX1/MX2 he got I think 93-94 & 92 for MX2 iirc.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Lol I spawned this thread with my comment. And you CAN get 94+ with any combo of subjects, but IT/Graphics will hurt your chances.

ALSO JUST FUCKING DO ADVANCED ITS NOT ANY HARDER AT ALL JUST YOU HAVE TO DO SHAKESPEARE.

Shane_

HSC
brahhhhhhhhhh, you not need tommykins, shane iz here, he solvez all ur problems brah

arjun9194

HSC
N/A
Lol I spawned this thread with my comment. And you CAN get 94+ with any combo of subjects, but IT/Graphics will hurt your chances.

ALSO JUST FUCKING DO ADVANCED ITS NOT ANY HARDER AT ALL JUST YOU HAVE TO DO SHAKESPEARE.
okay bu i have no other option than to do IT because i need it for computer engineering at uni, i have to do a sub related with tech. and btw IT is a VET course too.

LOL u know wat i actually agree with you. i just cant decide on wat english.
and its beacuase some people say its alright if i do it and some say its not so yeah.
btw shakespeare sucks i hate it - sorry but i had to say it.
ONLY ONE more question. what are the chances of me getting a band 3 in adv eng if i try to get the highest possible out of me?

Shane_

HSC

da weird hybrid fingy speakz da thruth

Kralex

HSC
okay bu i have no other option than to do IT because i need it for computer engineering at uni, i have to do a sub related with tech. and btw IT is a VET course too.
I don't know what pot you've been smoking but its terrible. You don't have to do IT for computer engineering at uni. IT VET is NOT about engineering, its the sort of shit you did in the School Certificate test.

Trust me, DO NOT do IT VET, your HSC will thankyou for it. It is NOT pre-requisite. If you must do a computer related subject, do IPT or SDD which still scale shit but much better than IT VET.

Shane_

HSC
I don't know what pot you've been smoking but its terrible. You don't have to do IT for computer engineering at uni. IT VET is NOT about engineering, its the sort of shit you did in the School Certificate test.

Trust me, DO NOT do IT VET, your HSC will thankyou for it. It is NOT pre-requisite. If you must do a computer related subject, do IPT or SDD which still scale shit but much better than IT VET.
dis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)