Today's CSSA Paper (1 Viewer)

Sezza08

HSC
exam was alright i reckon... could have gone better..i left one question to come back to at the end, but ran out of time so that was annoying.
that question about the hockey had terribly wording though...not feeling a great pass or fail...we'll see..

lanarose

HSC
LOOMESY said:
for that hockey/tennis Q
did anyone else notice that the total of the percentages given only added up to 98%?
did that mean that the other 2% just did hockey?
and yeah i got 62% too
That's what I assumed. I got 62% too. Did everybody finish the exam with the time given?

nayfin

HSC
yea they only added up to 98% and there was no % of people who just played hockey . kinda confused me i got 62% as well didnt want to tempt fate

=)lisa

whatdoyoumeanitalksofast?
HSC
ahh yes, i sat this paper too.
thought i went wel throughout, but something tragic happened at the end, lol.
i answered question 28 c (the one about stars and millionsof years and temperature) and then just as i finished it, i realised they had made an amendment to that question. so i was like FUUUUUDGE and i quickly attempted about 2 of them... meaning i lost like 5 marks at least.

i was really shitty. they informed us of the amendment at the start, but i think they should have been like CROSS OUT THIS PAGE or whatever, coz who is thinking about a damn amendment by the time they reach the last question of the paper (with little time to spare).

hmm, i guess it all comes down to it being my own fault. but others ive spoken to think i have grounds for appeal (or at least to raise it as an issue).

i briefly mentioned it to my (new) teacher. first time i met her actually. and she ws like, nah, the original question wont be counted (the star one).

i guess i will let it slide, but if its got grounds for appeal or whatever, then why the hell not, lol.

let me know what you think :)

*Baby-K*

HSC
I thought the paper was quite good, my school made amendments to it because we haven't covered non-right angle trig so I got stuck on a capture recapture question that my school put in because it had percentages, not numbers. Anyway the only thing we can do now is wait for results :mad1:

PC

HSC
N/A
That hockey/tennis question ...

18% play tennis AND hockey
65% play tennis
65 - 18 = 47, so 47% play tennis ONLY

Now we have
15% playing no sport
18% playing both sports
47% playing tennis
This adds up to 80%
100 - 80 = 20, so 20% play hockey ONLY.

20% play hockey only
18% play hockey AND tennis
So 38% play hockey

That means 62% don't play hockey.

Baby K, that capture-recapture question ... I think it was 17.2%.

Just do it as 17.2 out of 100.

I'm sure you went OK.

Last edited:

mugzy07

HSC
what did you guys get for the question that asked you when the girl's investment would double at a rate of 7% p.a. or something like that?

there was no principle value lol... i ended up getting like 28 years or some shit hhaha, everyone had crazy answers

=)lisa

HSC
mugzy07 said:
what did you guys get for the question that asked you when the girl's investment would double at a rate of 7% p.a. or something like that?

there was no principle value lol... i ended up getting like 28 years or some shit hhaha, everyone had crazy answers
i think i got 11 years.
i tried doing it year by year, and then it took foreever.lol. so i used the compound interest formula and got 11 years :)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
=)lisa said:
i think i got 11 years.
i tried doing it year by year, and then it took foreever.lol. so i used the compound interest formula and got 11 years :)
yeah 11 years i got too
yay =D
and there wasn't a principal value but what you do it
A= P (1 + r)^n
and say where p = 1
A will equal 2 when Principal doubles in value
so it's like 2 = 1 (1 + r) ^n
and since you were given r you solve for n (either using the log way or guess and check)

BoyNextDoor

HSC
^
Wow, that's really good.
You should see what marks we got from our school! lol

=)lisa

HSC
Annalisee said:
I got mine back today, 73% came first
Lowest mark was 15%
gee thats intense.
i got 72%, which was third.
i totally screwed that exam. missed a whole section (amendment) RAH.

our highest was 83%

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Pwnage101 said:
i woulda thought general maths would have higher scores than this....
Well, not necessarily. Different people pursue different courses that suit their ability and interest. If you look at how people went in 2008 Mathematics CSSA paper, it's quite atrocious.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Well, not necessarily. Different people pursue different courses that suit their ability and interest. If you look at how people went in 2008 Mathematics CSSA paper, it's quite atrocious.
yeh , true

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Sharkeh said:
This probably sounds stupid, but what does CSSA stand for?

Catholic Schools Standard Assessment????
Your guess seems right.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
Not a stupid question at all. Good guess Sharkeh, but it actually is Catholic Secondary Schools Association (CSSA)
Ah~~

I always thought it was catholic schools something assessments.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
It's an actual association rather than the name of the assessments. One of the things the CSSA do is set trial HSC exams, which are the CSSA exams you sit. If you look on the front page of the CSSA trial examinations it actually says "Catholic Secondary Schools Association of NSW" under their logo. :)

Example: http://community.boredofstudies.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=16869&d=1217840926
Ok, so it's actually an organisation of some sort to make exam papers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)