to stay or not 2 stay (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Welcome lala2!

4U Maths scales better than 3U English (well it has in the past, it could change at any time). But this would only be to your adavantage if your 4U mark outweighs our 3U mark.

Don't do subjects for scaling, do them for interest or ability ...

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
yeah, definately a bad idea to take subjects purely because of what you imagine the scaling will be. i would say it depends on 2 things: firstly, whether you have enjoyed the extension course so far and are willing to put in some work to raise your marks (pfft, ext 1 is soooo much better than advanced!) and secondly, how well you do in 3U maths. I almost did 4U maths *shudder* I'm so glad i didnt choose it now!! :D
good luck dude! :)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Thanks McLake and silvermoon!

Well, I dunno if I enjoyed the extension course so far...I must say there's heaps more to read into and forming your own ideas and all that kind of thing, so I suppose it isn't too bad...but again, the marks are there so I can't exactly shove them away (though I'd love to anytime....) but thanks anyway, I might stick to 3 Unit

:)

kimbah

Don't be so hard on yourself!!!

mentallyblonde said:
i dont know if i should stay in ext. in my first and only assesment so far i got 13/20.
i do 13 units and im really not sure if i should stay in it, i was told that it actually brings ur marks down if you go bad is that true?
anyway any advice or help would be great
:( :confused:
I think people get too tied up in the whole scaling thing. The important thing is to keep subjects that you like so that you will be motivated to study. Studying really does lead to improvement. Speaking from experience it is entirely possible to go from the bottom of the class in year 11 to topping the english trial in year 12. The most important thing to consider is whether or not you are doing worse in another subject. I'm terrible at maths so I was really glad that I kept 11 units in year 12 so one unit of maths wouldn't count. But in the end it really comes down to whether you are interested in what you are studying. If you are studing the individual and society for year 12 I would be happy to pass on some of my notes. By the way 13 out of 20 is not a bad place to start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)