Tips for English Help! (1 Viewer)

mijoe

HSC
Does anybody have any good tips for improving english skills? Writing Technique across a range of text types and Textual Analysis in particular. I'm doing pretty bad, ranked like 20/25, with a mark 5% below median T____T.

bored of sc

HSC
Doing more work behind the scenes i.e. studying english more --> writing responses, reading sophisticated texts/analytical compositions, asking teachers for more help, knowing texts thoroughly, revising the day's work, keeping your essays simple with their syntax (sentence structure) but using sophisticated vocabulary.

That's what I plan to do for year 12 :lol: !

autumn-angel

HSC
lol...
is their any year 10 student who's better at english than maths??

Last edited:

Aznmichael92

HSC
there are plenty of students whos english is better than their maths.

Aznmichael92

HSC
autumn-angel said:
but english is sooo hard
really hard...
at first i did find it hard but after continously writing essays. I think I am starting to improve and significantly. From a B student (19/25) to an A student (23/25).

All you need to do is put in the efforts, ask your teacher for advice and help and you should be able to improve. You don't neccessarily need to be the best in english but just do well enough like band 5 and onwards. I would be satisfied if I did English Advance for hsc and got like an 80. :D

retarded777

HSC
N/A
for writing skills-it depends on the text types-
say for a narrative be expressive, descriptive, know UR TECHNIQUES e.g. metaphors, personification AND use them!

for a letter to the editor- have an opinion, an argument u want to get a cross and be clear about it. it all mainly depends on what u are asked to write on, if its formal, write accordingly etc.

i think the more you write the better you will get at it, and actually try writing texts in your own time and ask the teacher to mark it, they'll give you valuable feedback.

Aznmichael92

HSC
retarded777 said:
i think the more you write the better you will get at it, and actually try writing texts in your own time and ask the teacher to mark it, they'll give you valuable feedback.
i totally agree with that. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)