Tips for 2008 HSC Class/Things You Wish You Knew Before Starting Your HSC (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Re: Things You Wish You Knew Before Starting Your HSC

Kujah said:
I had 5 free periods = 400 minutes

Now, I only have 1 :eek:
I lol'd hard.

Sorries :(

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A

Kujah said:
I had 5 free periods = 400 minutes

Now, I only have 1 :eek:
damn. well, i only have one this year.

Next year i'll have none. zilch. keine frei stunden. :mad1: :mad1:

Lol all you want, tanjin :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC

Charity F said:
damn. well, i only have one this year.

Next year i'll have none. zilch. keine frei stunden. :mad1: :mad1:

Lol all you want, tanjin :)
i dont gedit :eek:

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A

tanjin said:
i dont gedit :eek:
I only have one free period this year, because of this timetabling glitch and to compensate for that i have a morning class.

Next year, when the timetables are re-written, that problem won't exist and thus the morning class isn't necessary and thus i won't have a free period.

sorry =S

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC

Charity F said:
I only have one free period this year, because of this timetabling glitch and to compensate for that i have a morning class.

Next year, when the timetables are re-written, that problem won't exist and thus the morning class isn't necessary and thus i won't have a free period.

sorry =S
lol, dont be sorry.

But in a way, having little to no free periods is a good thing. Not one of my 23 free periods were used productively. =o

Kujah

HSC
N/A

tanjin said:
Not one of my 23 free periods were used productively. =o
Somehow, I don't find that surprising at all :rofl:

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

Meh, the more frees you have, the less time you're spending in class, the less shit you have to do, the more time you have to do it. I never understood the "FREES ARE BAD" argument, it's completely illogical. I'd rather be chilling outside in the sun than be inside learning.

HSC

Jachie said:
Meh, the more frees you have, the less time you're spending in class, the less shit you have to do, the more time you have to do it. I never understood the "FREES ARE BAD" argument, it's completely illogical. I'd rather be chilling outside in the sun than be inside learning.
Yeah, but it feels like it's bad. I can't not feel guilty about doing nothing in frees. :( Doesn't stop me though. D:

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

veloc1ty said:
Yeah, but it feels like it's bad. I can't not feel guilty about doing nothing in frees. :( Doesn't stop me though. D:
sif.

If you're so prone to guilt, just convince yourself that you're taking an hour-long break between your learning which will clear your mind and decrease your chances of burning out.

cokeface

HSC
its probli been sed but all say it neway..

Just don't neglect ur in school assesments!!!

Remeber they make up 50% of ur mark. You shuld alredi know that but take it seriously because as fukn stupid as it is in my opinion unless u get 60/100 or above as your school assesment mark for a subject most u can get is a band 4 as ur final mark in it.

This was my problem in 07 HSC n hence my 94 exam mark in 2 unit maths went down to lyk 79 thanx to my 64 or so assesment mark and it was the same with the rest of my subjects pretti much.

And if ur in a shit skool make sure ur ranked in top 5 in each subject.

All this is obvious ikno but a year is a long time you will get sick of a lot of the shit u have to do but just make sure u keep them assesment marks up and u will be fine!

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
But if you're going to do Extension 2 Maths properly, then you'd better be working at least 1 hour EVERY NIGHT. That's mainly because the problems are so long, thus is time consuming. You need to put the hard yards in if you want it to scale up your UAI.
1 hr doesn't seem to be enough? Once I decide to do it, it always takes me the whole night, about 4 hours. Guess what, the next day I'm freaked out by any number. LOLZ.

I wish I had no free period at all. Otherwise I either spend time sleeping or squandering my time by playing...chess. (always lose):apig:

Do the Medicine-student-wannabes have to spend at least 8 hours per day studying on their own? OMGoshhhhhhhh....

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
Undermyskin said:
1 hr doesn't seem to be enough? Once I decide to do it, it always takes me the whole night, about 4 hours.
Couldn't agree with u more. I started ext 2 maths in year 12 and found that all i was really studying for was ext 2 maths lol. So i dropped it and stayed with ext1 and 2u.

It gives u a lot more time to kill ur other subjects and when u think of it 97 in 2u (which is relatively easy to gain if ur a capable 4u student) is the same shit as a 94 in 4unit (which takes a lot more effort ... ask all my friends if u dnt believe me :D )

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Oops oops oops oops. I can't drop it anyway. I have only 10 units, which means I have to keep 4u!!! Such a wobbly situation. 10 units include 4u maths...er...reasonable, right? I think I can deal with it.

DA15Y

HSC
there are alot of good tips here, thanx guys... however, r there any more tips for eng adv? apparently eng is my worst subject n it will deffinately count towards my uai no matter how good or bad im gonna get, so yeh, im really stressed abt dis especially it's already 08 n b4 u know it, it will be october where all these exam nightmares begins :p... oh yeh n tips for physics n italian beginners would be good too, thanx

DA15Y

HSC
markzada said:
Couldn't agree with u more. I started ext 2 maths in year 12 and found that all i was really studying for was ext 2 maths lol. So i dropped it and stayed with ext1 and 2u.

It gives u a lot more time to kill ur other subjects and when u think of it 97 in 2u (which is relatively easy to gain if ur a capable 4u student) is the same shit as a 94 in 4unit (which takes a lot more effort ... ask all my friends if u dnt believe me :D )

woah 4u, well i sure miss ext maths, i had 2 drop my ext at the beginning of yr 12 coz i couldnt handle it anymore not becoz i dnt hav da brains 4 it, but itz more lyk dat my laziness has caused all of these... kinda regret on not puttin afford into ext maths n now im stuck wif 2u, its kinda borin sometimes n believe it or not, i havent done any hw for maths during the 1st term of yr 12, so i'v decided dat im puttin 100% afford into maths by first completin all my unfinished hw b4 the new term begins, plus heaps hw from other subjects... *sigh*, i guess i deseve this... :( im sure its not 2 late 2 fix this disaster if im willin 2 do it!!!

-pari-

HSC
N/A
1) you canNOT study without breaks. not possible. not practical. not efficient. dont try.

2) good solid planned breaks actually improve your efficiency and productivity. lack of good breaks will inevitably and ultimately reduce your productivity.

3) you need sleep. yes it IS possible to cram, but looking back on my hsc - i had an average 3 - 4 hours sleep per night. it wasn't fun. it was hard. i hated it. dont kill yourself.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Finding the 2007 UAI 99.95 or 100 genius as tutors is not a bad idea. I can see now that many of them are readily available to become your tutors. My friend has a tutor for $5/ hrs in a 'class' with another 2 students. Well, he says it's very effective because the lastest HSC students still have fresh memories plus some good tricks for examinations.

Besides: I'm quite surprised today to read lots of news about Jewish students. Obviously they are very smart!!! Wow

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
Don't CRAM excessively. Leave yourself with atleast 7-8 hours sleep. Do all your study and late night sessions now if you really need to so when it comes to exam time, your not tired. You'd much rather be tired during normal school lessons than in an exam :) Correct?

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
If you have a few free periods during school time, then take one out each week to just do nothing and use the rest for school work.

This helps you not feel guilty if you've done nothing during your free and let's you utilise your other periods more productively. Although you might want to use all your periods for work once HSC looms on the horizon.

Also, do not depend on your free period to finish work due on the same day. My school had the annoying habit of putting assemblies when I had my frees so that I would turn up to class with unfinished h/w and get chewed out.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Plus DO have BREAKFAST or LUNCH the day you have assessment task. Don't let your fulfilled stomach lie your brain because it's just your nerve that's manipulating you. Don't be its victim. Otherwise you can have a really bad stomachache during the exam period and the result will upset you thusly. I lost 3 marks for Ext2 for this reason. Just couldn't handle it so I had to rest on the desk with a dazzled head. Bloody annoyed + sweated all over, to be honest. (sounds fun?) This's more urgent to anyone with upset-tummy history. Don't be surprised if your stomach bursts! I'm praying I was so lucky.

Imagine you are me during the HSC exams then it's gonna be very FUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)