Timing in the MX2 exam (1 Viewer)

Stefano

Sexiest Member
HSC
yrtherenonames said:
hehe time to join in on the nit-picking action
There is no word in the English language called L'hospital, Slide Rule. Sure L'hôpital in french means hospital in english, but you certainly can't just 'translate' his name. hehe and if you could it would be 'the hospital'. :)
Did you mean that that's the correct transliteration?
I think he's got you there Slidey! :D 011011000110111101101100

L'Hopital it is.

(Btw; I'm doing the 2000 as we speak, Q1 and Q2 are piss easy this far. Are you sure it's difficult?)

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Stefano said:
(Btw; I'm doing the 2000 as we speak, Q1 and Q2 are piss easy this far. Are you sure it's difficult?)
Personally I find that questions 1 and 2 aren't the ones which make an exam hard or easy.

ishq

brown?
HSC
I never find ANYTHING piss easy.

And I agree with KFunk - its around question 5/6 that things start to get slightly ... worrisome. :D

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
first four questions are there for you to tear apart, and it at question five where you start using your rubber as a stress ball.

Antwan23q

God
HSC
Just a quick question, for complex numbers, is Euler's formular outside the syllabus? or are we ment to know it?

justchillin

HSC
antwan2bu said:
Just a quick question, for complex numbers, is Euler's formular outside the syllabus? or are we ment to know it?
I'd be worried only a couple of weeks out...it's not in the syllabus but can make a lot of complex work easier if u know how

Stefano

Sexiest Member
HSC
KFunk said:
Personally I find that questions 1 and 2 aren't the ones which make an exam hard or easy.
True, I was half-kidding! :p

I'm up to Q5 now. I still wouldn't call it very difficult. 6.5/10 on the difficulty scale if 10 is the hardest.

speed2

HSC
what kind of question would Euler's formula make easier? can you post an e.g. plz

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Stefano said:
I think he's got you there Slidey! :D 011011000110111101101100

L'Hopital it is.

Yay :p
10 characters.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
I did 93 today. Demoralised me pretty bad. The very last part of question 3, and very last part of question 4 were...., probably more difficult than some question 8s lol. I still have to do 7 and 8.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
As others have said, I'm usually comfortable with Q1-4 (unless a probability question is included :p), but beyond Q4 things start to go bit pear-shaped - Q5-6 are usually not too bad, but Q7 and particularly Q8 usually have me stumped. I don't mind CSSA Q8s, but HSC Q8s...:(

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
The trick to question 7 and 8 in the HSC is to identify the relevance of all the parts in the question because each part does play a major role in succession. To do this I need time, and time is precious. :(

Stefano

Sexiest Member
HSC
Sepulchres said:
The trick to question 7 and 8 in the HSC is to identify the relevance of all the parts in the question because each part does play a major role in succession. To do this I need time, and time is precious. :(
Time... my... precious!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Eventually, I just give up on Q8 if I can't see it straight away, coz often there'll be a something in Q5-7 and possibly even earlier questions that I haven't been able to do so I just spend my time on those...if only we had more time :(

justchillin

HSC
I really hate going back to check work...makes the rest of the exam much more stressful if u cant get something out. Soultion: get everything out before question 8. Lol

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I never like the feeling of dwelling on a question though, particularly if it's in Q1-6. I tend to just do what I can straight away from Q1-8 and then go back to questions I haven't been able to do.

Btw. a slightly unrelated question: is it ok to do the parts of each question out of order in our exam booklets instead of leaving spaces for the parts we can't do straight away? I always get the feeling that I might confuse the marker by doing that and lose marks as a result e.g. they may miss a part or record the mark incorrectly...maths papers aren't double marked are they?

Neborg67

HSC
For me i'm mostly trying to get almost full marks for questions 1 - 4 (although i need to get down studying). Q 5 - 6 I hope to get maybe 10 marks for each. Q 7 - 8 i'll be lucky if i get 3 marks LOL. We went through the course way to slowly, we inly just finished mechanics before the holidays!!

Anyway, I hope the scaling is enough to make my marks reasonable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)