• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Timetables! (1 Viewer)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Just curious. Could also explain why some people could have a lot more frees that others (aside from the number of units they do).
Some school's schedule the times differently basically.

They may have less period times or more periods depending on their length. Also your study period could be 40 mins. At our school its 80, sometimes double 160.

Ryan_T90

HSC
Wow, I thought my school started and finished early but yours wins :)
Yeah, only Year 11 and 12 get 7:30 zero periods due to the 'population' of our school (1250 students). We don't have enough facilities to accommodate us all from 9-3, so they need to have us start early compared to the rest of the school so the other years groups actually have classrooms to learn in!

I can't complain though, starting early and finishing early is good. It gives me time to go home and study, and if not study, sleep :)

Yeah, that went through my school at one stage. It'll pass eventually. Promise :)

How long are everyone's periods at school?
Mine is 50 minutes but I know some people who have like 72 minutes.
75 minutes.

Last edited:

Skeptyks

HSC
Also, some schools might have the minimum amount of MX2 classes, (2 a fortnight, 1 hour lessons) or maybe a higher amount of another particular class, leading to 'more free periods' etc etc.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I remember during our morning MX2 classes, which started at 8am, our teacher would always bring a toaster, a stash of bread + various spreads, 2 big bottles of chocolate milk, various juices.

Sometimes we even had Bacon and eggs.

Skeptyks

HSC
I remember during our morning MX2 classes, which started at 8am, our teacher would always bring a toaster, a stash of bread + various spreads, 2 big bottles of chocolate milk, various juices.

Sometimes we even had Bacon and eggs.
What the... ?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Some teachers do that at my school for offline classes, bringing food is not uncommon in sernior classes. Some classes even have cake days (normally last period lessons).

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, only Year 11 and 12 get 7:30 zero periods due to the 'population' of our school (1250 students). We don't have enough facilities to accommodate us all from 9-3, so they need to have us start early compared to the rest of the school so the other years groups actually have classrooms to learn in!

I can't complain though, starting early and finishing early is good. It gives me time to go home and study, and if not study, sleep :)

75 minutes.
Same. I'd much rather get up earlier and get home earlier :) Gives you way more time to do stuff after school!

HybridKath

More like HybriDead
HSC
I'm pretty neutral with the starting early/finish early deal.

7:30 to 10:20 of maths is too much for me, even with a short break in the middle.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Spiral has more frees! 2 periods only on Thursdays!

Miscbrah

HSC
Last year on Tuesdays I only had 1 period on and the rest were free, so I would go to school at 11:10 and go home at 12:30.

This year I don't have any of that ;(

Aysce

HSC
5 FREE PERIODS ONLY?! I hate my school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)