time in the exam to write your candidate number and organise booklets (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
That is my point.

You have yet to prove your argument so I think that saying I am ignorant in my completion of exams is unjustified. Have you called the hsc advice line in the past? I wouldn't have thought they would refuse help to anyone nor would they require proof that someone is currently undertaking hsc.
I'm not talking about the Student Completion Record but the booklets themselves. and please don't take the word 'ignorance' as a negative thing, i meant not fully knowing. The HSC advice line requires your student number to put you through to a teacher.
One point to note about when you have to do this is - What are the supervisors going to do if a student doesn't write on any booklet during the exam? They aren't going to stop a student filling in the exam booklets after the exam has finished are they? Or do you think that they are going to send in exam booklets with no information on the front (let alone inside)?

Of course the supervisors will allow students to fill in the booklets after the end of the exam as the alternative is either the supervisors have to do it themselves or send in booklets with nothing on them - not going to happen.

As for the school that put the clock back there is a logical explanation for that - many students have psychologically prepared for an exam to start at a given time and therefore they have the timings for each section of the exam planned so by having the clock match the BOS timetable start time those students who have that idea implanted in their minds aren't confused - nothing illegal by them but more a positive consideration for the students concerned.
Thanks for clearing things up a bit, but i think i can see where i'm getting confused 'you say They aren't going to stop a student filling in the exam booklets after the exam has finished are they? Or do you think that they are going to send in exam booklets with no information on the front (let alone inside)?' But this is exactly what i saw happen in my first university exam, as i had always been told that you could only do it in writing time, when i heard the same rules for uni exams i just equated the consequences with the HSC i suppose. Apparently i got screwed.

terminator69

HSC
I'm not talking about the Student Completion Record but the booklets themselves. and please don't take the word 'ignorance' as a negative thing, i meant not fully knowing
I wasn't primarily talking about that either. I brought it up to back up my statement that "written examinations" include the time before and after the writing period.
Even if i was wrong, calling me ignorant would be uncalled for because I still followed the instructions of the several official supervisors present at my exam.

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Even if i was wrong, calling me ignorant would be uncalled for because I still followed the instructions of the several official supervisors present at my exam.
Not really, i said that in relation to future exams, if you are happy to continue doing your exams ignorant of the truth of the matter (as defined by someone who truly does know what they are talking about) thats fine.

terminator69

HSC
Not really, i said that in relation to future exams, if you are happy to continue doing your exams ignorant of the truth of the matter (as defined by someone who truly does know what they are talking about) thats fine.
I already know the truth. You are yet to accept it.

Sarebs

HSC
But let me ask you this, if it was allowed, why did the supervisors mentioned in the above post feel the need to turn back the clock? .
They had to turn back the clock because it was about 9:35 or so already (we were waiting for someone, and then the ladies were slow at explaining everything, it all just compounded).

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
They had to turn back the clock because it was about 9:35 or so already (we were waiting for someone, and then the ladies were slow at explaining everything, it all just compounded).
lol, that seems so strange to me, that people would be so in focussed on the exact timing that they would need to turn back the clock so they didn't freak out. Still, whatever works i suppose.

Sarebs

HSC
Haha I think it was just for the benefit of the old ladies, so they didn't have to change the times on all the chalk boards and get confused and things like that. No one asked for it, they just did it.

bored of sc

HSC
We've been allowed to write student numbers/centre numbers before the start of the exam (before the paper is handed out). And they also let us do it after. (But it's not as if the 1-2 minutes of saved time will improve my results).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)